FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: First ever salmon! from this weekend (lots of pics)  (Read 3345 times)

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
First ever salmon! from this weekend (lots of pics)
« on: Sep 26, 2006, 05:43 PM »
THIS WAS NOT A CHARTER!

Friday we got up there at 5 and went out at 6. I had my row boat with my dad, and my two uncles and sister were in another rowboat. Fish were jumping all over in the lake. My sister got one in 15 minutes a nice big 36"er. Then about a half hour I hooked up with one and landed my first salmon! A nice silver 25"er. Then my uncle tim got one. About 20 mins later I hooked into my second fish and succesfully landed it. My sister got one more before dark. Then we were out after dark and my sister got a 3rd one. Nothing for an hour from any of us. My dad then hooked into 4 consecutive fish and all were landed. I was agrravated cause I was casting in the same spot and hes getting them right and left. a half hour goes by and then I start hooking them right and left, I had 5 on and landed two all within 20 mins. I was using 12lb test and the others were using 17. Then at about 1115pm I landed my final fish for a limit. It was a 36"er. I was really pumped. Saturday morn, was slow, I hooked 2 and one broke off. My dad also hooked one but a poor netting job by me lost the fish. Then at night it started to pour! My dad and I were the only ones on the lake, and I was without rain gear but up to the challenge. Ive never been rained on so hard. We had two inches of water in the bottom of the boat and tackle boxes were floating around all over. The rain stopped and the fish started jumping again. I hooked two, but lost both. My dad landed one. My uncle came back out and landed one.

Then my dad threw a cast and I said hey you crossed my line, let me reel in! I real mine in, and while my dad was waiting. His lure gets slammed while its resting on the surface! We landed that bugger too. Sunday was way to windy to fish. West wind coming off the lake, with 8 foot waves, that were 30 foot wide. It was quite beautiful watching them slam the lighthouse.  I had one fish take a swing at my lure off the dock, while i fished for 15 mins.

So total
we took 13 fish friday night
I limited

saturday we got 3 more

3 of the fish my dad and I got, missed the craddle in the dark. The lure gets stuck in the net and of course the fish is just hanging there waiting to pull away. all three times my arm ended up all the way in the water to grab those fish. All sucess

With the west wind coming in strong, their was fish jumping all over the place sunday! they were thick!

Oh yea and the best of all, saturday I was fishing for panfish in two feet of water, cause my arm was soar from salmon. I got a nice sunfish and tossed him out for a pike. About 30 secs later my sunfish comes flying out of the water witha salmon hot on his trail. The salmon never got the sunfish.
So here are the long waited for pictures!

Heres 13 from firday night
I took my limit of 5

Didnt make it out sat morn cause we had to clean all of the fish

A saturday morning view

Saturdays night fish!
My dad caught two, and my uncle got one

Sunday was no good for fishing. We packed up and headed home. A good wind was coming off the lake, making waves that were 8-10 feet tall and about 20 foot wide. They were coming up over the pier

Yes those are huge waves- reminded me of a hurricane

We devided our 16 total fish and My family took home 10
Me and my dad spent an hour and a half steaking them

A HALF PINGPONG TABLE FULL!

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Corporal Punishment

Re: First ever salmon! from this weekend (lots of pics)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2006, 06:11 PM »
Thats whacking and stacking them.Good job!!! ;)

Out4Trout

« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2006, 08:15 PM »
Wow, nice job, you guys must of had a blast. That's a lot of salmon. Those steaks layed out on the table is a great picture.  :thumbup_smilie: Cook em up on the grill with some lemon pepper & dill.........those are going to be good.

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2006, 08:18 PM »
Thats whacking and stacking them.Good job!!! ;)

thanks

:o  Holy salmon steaks Batman!! :o   If I ever play ping pong again I'll be thinking of salmon for some reason :D 

haha im glad, ill think of it too!

Wow, nice job, you guys must of had a blast. That's a lot of salmon. Those steaks layed out on the table is a great picture.  :thumbup_smilie: Cook em up on the grill with some lemon pepper & dill.........those are going to be good.

thanks, Ill have to give it a shot, We usually bread them, sear them, and then bake them. Is very good. Wanted to try grilling some too!

Fishing is life

MIRC!

MXFisher

• One more cast!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2006, 08:33 PM »
WTG pikemaster, you have been waiting a while for that first salmon, and now you got it! Sounds like you didn't have to wait as long for your second and third................. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Enjoy the steaks, make sure you grill some of them!!!!Looks like you have enough to last a while :D :D
Fishing is not a pastime, it's a way of life.

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2006, 08:44 PM »
WTG pikemaster, you have been waiting a while for that first salmon, and now you got it! Sounds like you didn't have to wait as long for your second and third................. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Enjoy the steaks, make sure you grill some of them!!!!Looks like you have enough to last a while :D :D

Lol yea, I just wanted one, and I got 5 the first night. I also had a ton of others on!
I figure I have plenty of steaks for the winter so ill give it a shot :P

Fishing is life

MIRC!

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2006, 05:26 AM »
We're all coming over for salmon on Saturday night.  I'll bring some beer.

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2006, 06:42 AM »
Great job congrats on your first salmon :thumbup_smilie:
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

Robb

• Upstate NY
« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2006, 06:46 AM »
Nice! Great way to catch your first salmon.

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2006, 07:33 AM »
nice fish pikemaster...good job bud.
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

Pikeguy

« Reply #10 on: Sep 27, 2006, 03:01 PM »
WTG Pikemaster. Must have been a great trip

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #11 on: Sep 27, 2006, 06:02 PM »
God those look good. I always knew that a Ping Pong table had deul purposes!!! ;) ;) ;)
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #12 on: Sep 28, 2006, 06:52 AM »
Nice job on those salmon. Those pictures of the high waves are awesome.  :o

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #13 on: Oct 04, 2006, 02:26 PM »
Way to go pikemaster and family those are great looking salmon, lots of good meals there.
Congrats on your first salmon.  :thumbup_smilie:

Those are some serious waves. :w00t:

WW

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #14 on: Oct 04, 2006, 03:24 PM »
Way to go pikemaster and family those are great looking salmon, lots of good meals there.
Congrats on your first salmon.  :thumbup_smilie:

Those are some serious waves. :w00t:

WW

puttin meat on the table! ;D

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.