FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The chu  (Read 35536 times)

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
The chu
« on: Apr 04, 2018, 05:27 PM »
Just wanted to say good luck to everybody who decides to hit the chu on Saturday. I'll be heading there early am Saturday. hopefully the chu will be generous to all who get out . Fish on !
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
Re: The chu
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2018, 05:33 PM »
wish i could make it but im out of town untill wednesday. fishing all day wednesday and thursday and probably half of friday and throughout the weekend.

elevatorman

« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2018, 05:50 PM »
Dam ss tiss the season we will keep you posted.
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2018, 06:34 PM »
The opening is literally my favorite holiday of the year

Baitbucket

« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2018, 10:27 AM »
Ill be out there sat and sun.  Heres hoping the weather cooperates..

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2018, 11:43 AM »
Never been to the Chu but its something I would love to try. I thought it was far longer of a ride for me but its exactly a 1 hour run to the southern tip on Rt 140 and 2 more minutes to the northern most section near the school on RT 110. Being a RI resident would I need anything other than a MA license? Not sure what the specific laws are to the Chu but I am sure I can find them.
Wicked Wec

elevatorman

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2018, 12:03 PM »
No lead sinkers sharps.

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2018, 12:33 PM »
Never been to the Chu but its something I would love to try. I thought it was far longer of a ride for me but its exactly a 1 hour run to the southern tip on Rt 140 and 2 more minutes to the northern most section near the school on RT 110. Being a RI resident would I need anything other than a MA license? Not sure what the specific laws are to the Chu but I am sure I can find them.
Only need the MA license. No other special permit required.

I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2018, 12:59 PM »
Oh yea lets not forget your not supposed to be on the shoreline until 1/2 before sunrise and off by 1/2 hour after sunset. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
 :rotflol: :rotflol: Just saying
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

elevatorman

« Reply #9 on: Apr 05, 2018, 01:16 PM »
Oh yea lets not forget your not supposed to be on the shoreline until 1/2 before sunrise and off by 1/2 hour after sunset. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
 :rotflol: :rotflol: Just saying
good point

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #10 on: Apr 05, 2018, 02:09 PM »
Lead is still allowed in RI and I do use it here and there but for the most part all of my sinkers are non lead since I fish MA and NH as well.

What happens at the Chu stay at the Chu.  ;D

If anyone is willing to take me along and show me the worst spots possible, PM me. lol
Wicked Wec

taxid

« Reply #11 on: Apr 05, 2018, 02:23 PM »
No lead sinkers sharps.

Hey what's the deal with that? Last June the only place I could find non-lead sinkers was BPS. Seems a lot of people are ignoring it.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bobbyg

• Team HewesCraft
« Reply #12 on: Apr 05, 2018, 07:39 PM »
Lead is fine at the chu as long as it 1 ounce or heavier.. anything under 1 ounce must be free of lead, to protect the loons.
Negative Friends Are Like Black Holes, They Will Suck The Life Out Of You.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

CMD1987

« Reply #13 on: Apr 05, 2018, 08:35 PM »
Lead is fine at the chu as long as it 1 ounce or heavier.. anything under 1 ounce must be free of lead, to protect the loons.

This. Is indeed for the loons benefit. And they are worth it in my opinion. One of the main Ma breeding grounds for them is the chu.

No lead smaller than one ounce. I whip three ounce lead weights all day.

ICEHOLE

« Reply #14 on: Apr 06, 2018, 06:03 AM »
anyone been down there to see water levels? im guessing water will be super high like last year and some shore access will be gone...
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.