FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: off topic: Draw results are out  (Read 4200 times)

augergas

Re: off topic: Draw results are out
« Reply #15 on: Jun 26, 2009, 02:19 PM »
Antlered deer tag for area "E" for me . . .

With all of the rain I expect there will be some very good antler growth on the bouncy critters! A friend and I are going to hunt the muzzleloader only area.

rumdrinker

« Reply #16 on: Jun 26, 2009, 05:29 PM »
Thanks Guys much appriciated just post lots of picts!!

emholden

• http://www.nefga.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=701
« Reply #17 on: Jun 26, 2009, 10:17 PM »
Thanks for all you do rumdrinker!!!  I will have a few drinks for you throughout the summer.  Here is a blog page my wife and I keep up with plenty of pictures for to keep up with and most will be from the best place on earth, Wyoming!!!!

http://emholden.com/wordpress/
Eat, Sleep, Teach, Get OUTDOORS!!!

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #18 on: Jun 30, 2009, 08:10 AM »
Does it usually work out that you get drawn for an elk tag every few years (residents of course)?  Here, some are lucky if they get drawn for a moose tag once in their lifetime and other get drawn 3 times or more within a short timespan.  I guess if I lived there and was almost guaranteed an elk tag every 5 years, I'd be pretty happy with that.

All of you guys that drew make sure you fill out your tags this year!! I am headed to Iraq this year and won't be able to partake this year....good Luck!!

Blow some stuff up and come home in one piece.  ;)
Live free or die trying.

minnowguy

« Reply #19 on: Jun 30, 2009, 09:39 AM »
Does it usually work out that you get drawn for an elk tag every few years (residents of course)?  Here, some are lucky if they get drawn for a moose tag once in their lifetime and other get drawn 3 times or more within a short timespan.  I guess if I lived there and was almost guaranteed an elk tag every 5 years, I'd be pretty happy with that.

Drawing an elk tag depends on the demand for the area and the type whether its archery or gun bull or cow. Drawing odds can be from  17% or less to 90% just depends on the demand for the license. Moose and sheep if you are lucky enough to draw one you have to wait 5 years before you can put in again. It took my wife 13 years to get a moose tag and it took me 14 years.

Dorado

« Reply #20 on: Jun 30, 2009, 12:26 PM »

You can buy a resident general elk tag over the counter in Wyoming....

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #21 on: Jun 30, 2009, 12:34 PM »
Hmmm, I wish NH was 5 years before you can apply again.  It's only 3 years here and a ton of people get picked multiple times then another sizeable group (like our own Jiffy Man) has been waiting 15 years and still didnt' get picked.

That's for the info.
Live free or die trying.

minnowguy

« Reply #22 on: Jun 30, 2009, 08:13 PM »
You can buy a resident general elk tag over the counter in Wyoming....
Ya, there are the general tags too I forgot about them been a long time since I had to buy one of them.

Lip Ripper

« Reply #23 on: Jul 01, 2009, 07:47 PM »
Got mine area R mule deer. I wasn't,t able to make it last year so I,m already itch-in to get out there and get a crack at one of the big boys. Wyoming is one beautiful state I envy all you Wyoming residents you guys have some great hunting and fishing out there. The thing I like the most is all the public land available for hunters. With a little bit of work you can find trophy class deer and elk on public ground. Here in Michigan good bucks are hard to come by on public land and hunting pressure can be extremely high. Congratulations to all who drew a tag and good luck this fall.

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #24 on: Jul 01, 2009, 08:02 PM »
thank you rumdrinker. come home safe!

that's a sweet looking bear knurren! :D

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

duckman111

« Reply #25 on: Jul 02, 2009, 03:11 AM »
didnt draw squat so it will be gen. elk tag and gen. deer tag for me. two of my buds from mississippi drew tags for region r deer so i will help them out again this year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.