FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: your a old fart when......  (Read 3301 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
your a old fart when......
« on: Sep 05, 2012, 09:33 AM »
today i  had  to lower  the  draw  weight  on my  bow  and  some  kid  asked  what  kinda  arrows  are  those  (alum)  :(

i  was  told  they  think my  fly  rod  has  collector  value  and  i  bought it  new  ....:( 

i  still  fish  for  bullheads  with  orginal johnson  100b reels ......:( 

my  new  truck  is  old  enough  to  get it's  own  driver  lic  now  ....:( 

i'm  slower  ....i  can't  go  as  long  or  as  fast  .....  the  waitress  still  catches  my  eye  but  i  actually listen  to  what  she  say's  is  the  special  .... i  get  a  senior  discount  and  the  benifits  of  getting  old  keep rollin in !!!!  ....

BUT.....  the  best  part  are  the  memorys !!!!  i hope  i  never lose  those  and   my  wish  to  all the  youngsters  starting  out  is   you  have  as  great of  a  time  as  i  have  and  still  doo ....  ok  enough  i'm  going  to  go  have  a  heiny  with  RG  complain  about the  weather  and  think up  dirty  tricks  we  can use  on KP  and  HT  when we  fish  with  them   ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
Re: your a old fart when......
« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2012, 01:05 PM »
Holly Crap Pops quit your whineing and go get some of those Salmon while me and KP are stuck working :-* :-* ::) ::) ;D ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Sep 05, 2012, 03:20 PM »
First of all...I'd prefer you call a Heineken a Heineken. Someone could get the wrong idea.

As for getting old...well....other than the 2 pair of glasses it takes me to tie on a fly....and the fact that my waist seems to be forming a rain gutter for my hips.....and my 5 mile morning run is slowly becoming a 50 minute jog of an indeterminate length.....and I've been married longer than 2 of our 26 employees have been alive...I mean, hell...I have shoes older than most of them......and that I actually take daily supplements recommended by DR. Oz.........and that even though I've seen every episode of MASH 317 times, I still manage to laugh.....

I could go on, but I forgot what I was thinking about :-\

On the bright side, however, there's my Grandson ;D

Life is good Trap!
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #3 on: Sep 05, 2012, 05:34 PM »
God Bless you guys
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

trapper2000

« Reply #4 on: Sep 05, 2012, 05:52 PM »
one  thing i learned  this  year  ...every  day is a  gift  ....nothing is  more precious  then those we  love  .... and  life  my  be  hard at times  ...it's always  good  .........  briight note  i ment a  gentilemen  that  bicycled  from  seattle  washington  ...stoped  in my rite aid  on his way to  maine!  it was  his  73  day on the road  best part he  just  had  his  71st  birthday!!!!  

OLD FARTS  KICK  BUTT!!!!!!!

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #5 on: Sep 05, 2012, 06:20 PM »
Your a "OLD FART" When you post your a old fart when! LOl.  Whats up Trapper??
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

shark

« Reply #6 on: Sep 05, 2012, 06:39 PM »
When I have been on the auto body repair business longer than my boss has been alive......................

greensider

« Reply #7 on: Sep 05, 2012, 07:02 PM »
as long as your still fishing for bullheads your still a kid

trapper2000

« Reply #8 on: Sep 05, 2012, 07:25 PM »
as long as your still fishing for bullheads your still a kid

a  old  coleman latern  ,bullheads  ,royal  palm  grape  soda , and  real  nestle's candy  bars  ....why  did  things  change  ???:D

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #9 on: Sep 05, 2012, 10:15 PM »
.....you've robbed oil off the old truck's dipstick to oil that old coleman lantern's pump to make it work.  ;)
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Sep 06, 2012, 02:26 PM »
When your "Old Fart " thread is moved to the off topic section....cause you just don't seem to be relevant any more :-\

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

DIRTBALL2

« Reply #11 on: Sep 10, 2012, 10:51 AM »
today i  had  to lower  the  draw  weight  on my  bow  and  some  kid  asked  what  kinda  arrows  are  those  (alum)  :(

i  was  told  they  think my  fly  rod  has  collector  value  and  i  bought it  new  ....:( 

i  still  fish  for  bullheads  with  orginal johnson  100b reels ......:( 

my  new  truck  is  old  enough  to  get it's  own  driver  lic  now  ....:( 

i'm  slower  ....i  can't  go  as  long  or  as  fast  .....  the  waitress  still  catches  my  eye  but  i  actually listen  to  what  she  say's  is  the  special  .... i  get  a  senior  discount  and  the  benifits  of  getting  old  keep rollin in !!!!  ....

BUT.....  the  best  part  are  the  memorys !!!!  i hope  i  never lose  those  and   my  wish  to  all the  youngsters  starting  out  is   you  have  as  great of  a  time  as  i  have  and  still  doo ....  ok  enough  i'm  going  to  go  have  a  heiny  with  RG  complain  about the  weather  and  think up  dirty  tricks  we  can use  on KP  and  HT  when we  fish  with  them   ;D

Sound's to me like you really have your head on straight trapper2000! It's too bad that we had to get to the age we have before we realize what is really important and valuable! Last May my wife and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary! On August 12th, I celebrated my 75th birthday! So I know whereof I speaketh! You are a man after my own heart when you mention thinking up additional dirty trick's to play on your buddy's! Nothing will keep you feeling young as much as a good, hearty laugh! :rotflol:Every morning when I wake up and see it's a nice day outside, I have to thank God for granting me the privilege of a long life to enjoy all the nice day's! The best part is anticipating how much more fun I'm going to have in the many day's to come! Reading your post has made my day trapper2000! Thank you so very much! :thumbup_smilie:DIRTBALL2 ;)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

nute7810

• If I catch this one, and one more, I'll have TWO !
« Reply #12 on: Sep 15, 2012, 08:35 PM »
You guys didn't hafta stop, heck I was takin notes for the next few years hopefully    :D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.