FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: black sea bass  (Read 2149 times)

ricky riged

black sea bass
« on: May 22, 2010, 07:48 PM »
got out this morning on buddys boatthis morning left out of bold point and found the circle of boats
in the ship yard but could not get any so we played with gps and went out to ohio ledge holy boats had
to be 30 boats in that area tried to drift some live eels no good so i set up a pole to fish bottom with sea worms and bang a nice black sea bassat least a couple of pounds butiful fish grabed the binoculars to see what other boats were getting looked like small scup and some good size sea bass
do peaple use chum bags to attract these fish and if so what would iuse for chum
what a beutiful morning if it was any calmer it would have been like fishing on a pond

lavaman

Re: black sea bass
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 07:00 AM »
got out this morning on buddys boatthis morning left out of bold point and found the circle of boats
in the ship yard but could not get any so we played with gps and went out to ohio ledge holy boats had
to be 30 boats in that area tried to drift some live eels no good so i set up a pole to fish bottom with sea worms and bang a nice black sea bassat least a couple of pounds butiful fish grabed the binoculars to see what other boats were getting looked like small scup and some good size sea bass
do peaple use chum bags to attract these fish and if so what would iuse for chum
what a beutiful morning if it was any calmer it would have been like fishing on a pond

black sea bass are delicious. i catch them alot in the area you were fishing along with scup. i use squid to catch them. seems a little early to be catching those now. looks like its time to hit the fluke. i don't usually chum just drift because they seem to be everywhere when they are bitting. 

ricky riged

Re: black sea bass
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 08:39 PM »
black sea bass are delicious. i catch them alot in the area you were fishing along with scup. i use squid to catch them. seems a little early to be catching those now. looks like its time to hit the fluke. i don't usually chum just drift because they seem to be everywhere when they are bitting. 
when i filet the fish i checked stomach contents and was loaded with little grass shrinp
also seen scup being cought i weighed the sea bass it was 2.5 pounds

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.