FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Lenore  (Read 32584 times)

anglerbrian

Re: Lake Lenore
« Reply #15 on: Jul 19, 2011, 11:18 PM »
Went out again today in 33c heat.  The fishing was almost as good as in the rain. Pam  just had to go after seeing what I caught last time out.
 I found a new spot and rediscovered an old one . Pam caught a nice 8lb pike as well as the walleye. I am going to bring my brother out on Sat  and see if I can find some fish for him.

nicemustang

« Reply #16 on: Jul 22, 2011, 04:13 PM »
One could accurrately say that fishing has been incredible past 2 weeks on Lenore. Fish the big lake and bring LOTS of minnows!

ochocenko

« Reply #17 on: Jul 25, 2011, 01:20 PM »
One could accurrately say that fishing has been incredible past 2 weeks on Lenore. Fish the big lake and bring LOTS of minnows!

x2

or fish the little one trolling with raps

nicemustang

« Reply #18 on: Aug 06, 2011, 09:19 PM »
FYI. Launch is fixed now on the little lake. They leveled it and filled with gravel. Fishing is still quite good if you can find them.

anglerbrian

« Reply #19 on: Aug 07, 2011, 11:18 PM »
Quite good is right
I had 15 in the first 45 mins today. There were a lot of boats so I went off by myself for awhile  on the  North East side and found  some hungry walleye'

I returned to the West side later and there were 12 boats out there besides my own.  Quite busy. but not every one was catching.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #20 on: Aug 09, 2011, 12:38 AM »
Nice pile of walleye again, anglerbrian. 8)

Looks like storm cranks are the hot ticket out there.
I also like to use hot n tots for walleye and pike.

How are the 2 lakes for algae this year?

WW

anglerbrian

« Reply #21 on: Aug 09, 2011, 12:33 PM »
Hey Water Wolf. The algae has not been bad at all this year. Even Stoney which is almost always green this time of year has been ok.
The storm cranks do do the job as well as Rapala shad raps and husky jerks. In 12-15 feet the Hot n tots are great with no need to add weight. I can tell right away when a Pike hits as they do the head shake and then head for the bottom.

nicemustang

« Reply #22 on: Aug 11, 2011, 09:58 AM »
The St Brieux side of LL was and still is really bad for algae but it has cleared up some. The big lake is usually pretty good with some crystall clear spots depending on wind. Little lake is also pretty good this year.

taxid

« Reply #23 on: Aug 11, 2011, 11:54 AM »
Wow those walleyes are as stocky as our bass down here in the U.S.! Beautiful fish!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

anglerbrian

« Reply #24 on: Jun 03, 2012, 06:46 PM »
First time on Lake Lenore for the summer 2012 and it was windy! Nearly got blown into the tree tops a couple of times but managed a few walleye small pike and a Whitefish.
I have caught these (Whitefish) ice fishing but never before trolling with crank baits.

Not a bad day but things should start to improve as the water warms.

anglerbrian

« Reply #25 on: Jun 10, 2012, 12:08 AM »
Had a little family fishing day today in the rain. My nephew had his boat My brother brought his boat out from Saskatoon and I had my little lund.
What a day! non stop Walleye and pike  action and Pam and I caught half a dozen perch as well as the the Pike and Eyes.

This is the most perch in one day for us on the little lake for a few years. Nice to see them hitting while trolling cranks. If we had keyed on them we could have caught a lot more. But I have the location marked for future .
Every one caught fish today kept a few for lunch and released a bunch. 

anglerbrian

« Reply #26 on: Jul 09, 2012, 11:38 PM »
Tried the little lake again today with my daughter and son-in law. Fishing was pretty good lots of Walleye a few pike and two jumbo perch.
The lake is so full of little minnows it must have been a good spawn year. This must be why the walleye are so fat for their length.

anglerbrian

« Reply #27 on: Jul 10, 2012, 07:53 PM »
Here are a few pics from yesterday.

Peter also had a nice 10 lb pike that I threw back before he could snap a pic. We have been catching more perch than usual hope this continues for awhile.

anglerbrian

« Reply #28 on: Jul 22, 2012, 12:11 AM »
Made it back to LL for another great day of fishing. We caught another pile of perch along with the usual Walleye and Pike.
A thunderstorm erupted and we had to clear off the lake in a hurry. I have never seen 6 boats scurry off the lake in such a short time.
here are some of the perch we caught.

there were all sizes of them. We kept a few walleye and three pike for lunch.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #29 on: Jul 24, 2012, 01:29 AM »
Way to go anglerbrian, those are some dandy big perch.
You know there big, if they go after walleye lures. 8)

Nice pike and walleye from the other trips also.

WW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.