FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 628065 times)

choo choo

Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #1560 on: Jul 29, 2013, 06:35 AM »
Hey Bartman...coolstuff...We would catch tons of carp on the surface with our fly rods as kids , just downstream from where everyone fed the ducks in the park. We would just bury our fly in a piece of stale bread and cast it out there. They would suck it in and we had a blast!! It did not seem like cheating when we were kids.  BTW...I'm sure those stripers would hit a nice foam popper!! Must be tons of baitfish in the area eating those breadcrumbs too!
I'm fishing my way through life .

one last cast

« Reply #1561 on: Jul 30, 2013, 11:41 AM »
Some of the flies I've been working on. Enjoy!

Best one, I've tied a few on with this pattern!!! hahaha
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1562 on: Jul 30, 2013, 03:03 PM »
Looking good bud.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

one last cast

« Reply #1563 on: Jul 30, 2013, 05:14 PM »
Looking good bud.

RG
thanks RG! Baby steps like you said awhile back. I've gotten a lot of books and have been reading up on some new patterns. I was in the area a few weeks ago but did not get a chance to contact you for a fishing trip. Hopefully before the snow flies I'll be headed back out for another visit with my family.
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1564 on: Jul 30, 2013, 05:44 PM »
Ahhhh, you're doing well. Actually, the addiction is insurmountable. In the last few days I've ordered 2 fly lines, a dozen spools of thread, hooks, tungsten beads, brass and lead barbell eyes, a couple of sexy looking nipper/eye cleaner/knot tiers and 3 more storage things. ::)

My Bride is staying with my Daughter for a week or so :evil:

I'd love the opportunity to show you a couple of my backyard streams. Any time you're in the area.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bartman44

« Reply #1565 on: Jul 30, 2013, 06:32 PM »
Choo Choo, Carp can indeed be fun on the fly and I have no shortage of them around here.

OLC, Nice work, those will work on the local streams around your area (I know because you're practically my neighbor), just wait till September until the rivers cool off a bit, then let them fly. Some of the biggest trout I've caught around here are in October @ November in special regs areas so plenty of fun ahead. 

Gremlin

• there's one !!!
« Reply #1566 on: Aug 02, 2013, 04:42 PM »
Hey RG,
 Was wondering if you could post a materials list for a clouser minnow. Hook size and type,thread color( is UTC 140 OK), what size eyes. Going to be using white and chartreuse bucktail.
 Fishing for smallies and drum if that helps. Also how deep before you think a sink tip line is needed, the fish seem to be out a little deeper now. Thanks

KingPerch

« Reply #1567 on: Aug 02, 2013, 05:21 PM »
statute of limitations ran out ...however  the   "talk"  the  trooper  gave  me   will  always  be  there  ....  as  i look  back  i  realize  ,  he  was  doing  me  one  big  favor..... and  he  took the  time  to  "impress on me " breaking  the  law  was  a  very  serious  matter !!!! 

and  no worrys  KP  jr  is  smarter  then  we  were  at  that  age  ^5

No worries!! I'm sure Josh will make the right decisions!! ;) You guys are too funny!! ;D

Hey Bob....anytime on the uglies my friend!! ;)

Life is Good!!

KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1568 on: Aug 02, 2013, 06:04 PM »

Hey Bob....anytime on the uglies my friend!!

I'd prefer to hand deliver them Larry. Any smallies in them waters around you :w00t:

Clouser recipe eh? I'm not sure I can answer that. There's a million possibilities.

Watch Bob tie one. You'll get the idea.

Clouser Minnow

KingPerch

« Reply #1569 on: Aug 04, 2013, 12:07 PM »
Josh and I haven't found any in our small waters that want to bite yet!!! :-\ The SR has some cruising around!! ;)--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1570 on: Aug 04, 2013, 03:00 PM »
Well, I just bought a new car and I'm ready for a road trip. The "Little Red Truck " is in semi-retirement. Reserved for towing the boat and hauling the shanty....maybe a trip or 2 to the dump. I might have to drive it to work once in a while just so it don't get too upset with me :-\

Maybe we should get that other "Old Fart" and meet in Oswego...or wherever he's got the bass penned up ;D We'll do some serious field testing!

Rg

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1571 on: Aug 21, 2013, 06:45 AM »
hoppers,crickets and  beetles  oh my!!!!! ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1572 on: Aug 21, 2013, 04:16 PM »

I was just working on a Dace variation that's been knocking them dead.

I'm likin' it ;D

RG

Gremlin

• there's one !!!
« Reply #1573 on: Aug 21, 2013, 05:31 PM »
Nice work RG. :)
Rod builder, fly tying, furled leaders. All your work looks good. When are you going to open up a fly shop?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1574 on: Aug 21, 2013, 05:37 PM »
My Bride thinks I already have.....and it's just MY stuff ::)

RG

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.