FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Peta Petition  (Read 3271 times)

jyoung

Peta Petition
« on: Mar 31, 2004, 10:00 PM »
I recieved this email today;
Thank you for recently signing our petition to revoke PETA's tax-exempt status. The petition now has nearly 29,000 signatures! If you have friends or relatives that haven't signed on, please pass along the link: http://www.consumerfreedom.com/petaPetition.cfm

Here is an update on the most recent anti-PETA activity:

On April 1, "Penn & Teller: Bulls--t" will begin its second season with a devastating and hilarious 30-minute expose of the animal-rights movement, focusing on People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). The Center for Consumer Freedom is featured prominently in this groundbreaking show, which is part of a cable television series that "debunks popular shams and scams."

Get ready to see the real PETA, warts and all. It's a show you'll want to tape and share with your friends and neighbors who think animal-rights activism is a warm and fuzzy hobby. This might be the only kind of publicity PETA's self-styled "press sluts" would prefer to avoid, and the group's radical zealots may wish this were just an April Fool's joke. But it's not.

The Showtime cable network will air "Penn & Teller: Bulls--t" at 10pm (all time zones) on April 1. If you miss the first airing, it will be repeated on April 8 at 10:30 pm.

Thank you for your support!

James

Center for Consumer Freedom Staff
Carl Spackler: We can do that. We don't even need a reason.

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Re: Peta Petition
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2004, 10:51 PM »
Thanks James...I'll do my part.

By the way, I love your avatar!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2004, 05:25 AM »
Being a huge Penn & Teller fan, I'm certainly biased...but, these guys are spot on !

I've caught most of their first season's shows and was thoroughly entertained and informed.

In one show they went to a huge "Earth Day" rally in California and had an "earthy" looking young lady collect more than 2000 signatures on a petition to ban Dihydrogen Monoxide (water) from drinking water.

Well worth watching.
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Cider

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2004, 09:04 AM »
Done!  Count me in!  Anything that will drive a thorn into PETAs side.

Penn and Teller are fantastic.  They are really good at debunking modern myths, hoaxes, paranormals, cons, and scams etc.  If you aren't familiar with who they are and their material, you owe it to yourself to check them out.  James Randi is another good one for this...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2004, 07:07 AM »
Once again these two educated, creative individuals ( Penn & Teller)  have presented a well researched  and entertaining program. I highly recommend you watch it .

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2004, 11:32 AM »
I added my name to the petition and I encourage everyone to at least read the facts at consumerfreedom.com  :o .
Those who are brave are free ..       

Cider

« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2004, 01:50 PM »
Does anyone know where else this episode is(will) being aired?

I have satellite, but I am too cheap to pay for the premium movie channels.  I don't get Showtime.  I think $50 a month is bad enough without the "bonus" channels.  I'd rather put the money towards bait & tackle!

reubenpa

« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2004, 09:40 AM »
I signed my name, my wife and boy  to!!!  anything to kick their reers!!!
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2004, 10:01 AM »

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2004, 09:26 PM »
Being a huge Penn & Teller fan, I'm certainly biased...but, these guys are spot on !

Well worth watching.
RG

I get indigestion just seeing the four letter "word" PETA. So, I have by-passed it every time I saw it as a topic on this site, until tonight. Will be sure to add everyone from this house-hold to the petition. Looked up the Penn and Teller info on Google and now I am sad . . .   :'(   Don't get Showtime.   :-\

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.