FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: This will be a great site!!!  (Read 3195 times)

slipbob

This will be a great site!!!
« on: Apr 02, 2004, 01:31 PM »
Just wondering what everybody else thinks here??   It seems to me judging from the great popularity and overall addictive qualities that iceshanty.com holds that this site will be equally as good.  For me and many others who love this stuff we are kind of in that "tweener" period between the shanty and myfishfinder.  Our lakes here in upstate NY are just starting to open up and in another month with the advent of walleye season I have a feeling the volume here will be huge.  It's off to a great start so far and once the open water fishing becomes worthwhile I have a feeling we'll be seeing lots of great pictures and reports coming through.  I know I can't wait to start walleye fishing so I can post some pictures of the many monsters I will catch this year with my new digital camera.  I would also like to take the opportunity to thank the folks who make this site and the shanty possible.  Thankyou all whoever you are.  PS  I still can't stop checking out the shanty by force of habit even though it's probably time to put her in the garage till next winter.

grumpymoe

Re: This will be a great site!!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2004, 01:50 PM »
no doubt about it....keep checking on iceshanty......just about time to shut it down for the season, but with this weekend (browns) should be able to get one more fishing report posted.. :P :P :P  then likely a couple of weeks before we can wet the line and get some softwater fishing reports posted here as well.....grump

Bartman44

« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2004, 05:53 PM »
Slipbob,

I've been looking for a web site like this for years. Now, thanks to the ice shanty crew, we have a year-round forum to exchange ideas with fellow anglers all over the states. NY is especially blessed with guys/gals that want to post ideas and fishing reports. I like talking to the folks out west and down south as well as we all share the fishing bug.     

Good luck on the Tommy,
Bart

tejag2002

« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2004, 06:33 PM »
i am a newbe on this site, came over from ice shanty (newbe there too) best thing since sliced bread. i check in every chance i get. everybody keep up the good work!!!!!

fishkopp

• Team Extreme
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2004, 06:45 PM »
Whare else can you go and find out how the fishing is anyware in the country on one simple message board system.  ::)
I think you just need to get the word out to everyone and you'll see thousands and thousands of fisherman checking out and reporting on there favorite fishing hole .   ;D    These guys out  did themselfs with this message board system , my hats off to you fellows, great job .

Good fishing to all and to all a good season

Mike K

Invicta

« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2004, 07:10 PM »
this could be the best site for fishing info if everyone gets the word out.

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2004, 07:22 PM »
Just a heads up for all you new guys.  There is a Chat Room that gets action every nite.  If you look at the top of the screen,  just above the ads is a line of options for the site.  If you click n the "Chat" icon,  you will be sent to the chat room.  Please be patient and follow the directions and you will find a great bunch of guys to instantly comunicate with.

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2004, 10:26 PM »
I would have to say this is a good site and only getting better. It is interesting though. The site is what we make of it. The better the imput and corresponding posts, the better the site becomes.

I may be a bit biased, but the NY State section is worth braggin about.

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2004, 06:40 AM »
It is a great site, and it will be even better as new areas are added and new people join.

reubenpa

« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2004, 09:11 AM »
It is awesome and I spend way too much time on here
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2004, 01:52 PM »
I would have to say this is a good site and only getting better. It is interesting though. The site is what we make of it. The better the imput and corresponding posts, the better the site becomes.

Reelcharacter, you are absolutely right.  This site will be the best because of all of us.  Thank you Scott for providing us with this template to do it too, it's simply a great idea.

The NY guys make up a huge percentage of the membership right now, and there is a lot of you guys from the shanty too.  But let me tell you that once the rest of the country catches on here, watch out, especially when the non-icefishing community catches on.  I can tell you that every body in the South seems to own bassboats and pickups.  Hopefully they one PCs too! ;D  There are so many more anglers out there that will be here.  I just can't imagine how big and good this site can be.  Let's all do our part to make it the best. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.