FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing magazines?  (Read 4761 times)

mike692

Fishing magazines?
« on: Mar 09, 2004, 08:04 AM »
I used to subscribe to several. Pa Angler, In-Fisherman, and BASS to name a few. The best by far was the In-Fisherman. But if I recall it was expensive. I know that the Linder's left In-Fisherman. Does the magazine still exist?
I dug out a few old copies last night, and it was a very nice mag. Covered all kinds of species and both lures and live bait. Is it still worth subscribing to?

ice1or2

• HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY!!
Re: Fishing magazines?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2004, 08:11 AM »
 Still out there, still pretty expensive, still a good read though. Pick one up occasionally at the local Sheetz Use to torture an old bud of mine because he read the mag religiously, but never went fishing. He was the true IN-fisherman :-\

fishboy899

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2004, 02:53 PM »
Yup its still out there.  Have my subscription to get one every month. It is great with a lot of helpful tips. :)
A 17 yr. old that is addicted already.

Fish Stick

• Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2004, 04:03 PM »
You can get a pretty good deal on In-Fisherman if you subscribe for 2 or 3 years at a time. They usually include some good freebies(lures, hooks, books, videos, ect.) for new subscribers and for renewals. I let my subscription run out once and they called me to find out why. When I told them it was because of the high price, I was offered a 3 year subscription for $30.  IMO its worth the price.
If your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems start looking like nails.

suskymusky

« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2004, 08:41 PM »
In-fisherman is still a great magazine and its worth the price.Its 3.99 at the newstand, but you can mail in the postcard in the magazine and get it delivered for 16 bucks a year(8 issues) and they throw in a  Crappie video.I belong to the North American Fishing Club and they have a great magazine for 18 bucks a year.Both magazines have great TV shows and websites too.I like Fishing Facts and Muskyhunter, too.I'm always looking for new methods and tips to improve my fishing skills.
"IMAGINATION is more important than KNOWLEDGE" Albert Einstein

jigginstick

« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2004, 07:31 AM »
I like one called Bass and Walleye Boats.
Jig,Jig,Jig

fishbreath

« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2004, 07:43 AM »
Fishing facts was a good one , not sure if its still around. Does anybody know?

TJ

« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2004, 02:31 PM »
Expensive, try $5.99 canadian? :o
Have got myself down to 1 a month
Walleye In-Sider.
Read the rest off the net

Cider

« Reply #8 on: Mar 10, 2004, 02:46 PM »
I like Fly Fishing & Tying Journal and Fly Fisherman magazine.

Bartman44

« Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2004, 05:16 PM »
Flyfisherman and In-fisherman are the best for new information and techniques. Also good trip tips.

It's funny you mention Fishing Facts. I had a million of them from the 70's I just threw out because I needed more room.

I'll have to scan some covers and some pages of those I kept and put them in the pictures section because things were different (and a lot cheaper back then).

The old magazines are fun to look at. Fiberglass was big back then.

Bart 

tommyboy

« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2004, 07:31 PM »
fishbreath,

Yes, FIshing Facts is still around.  I picked one up at Wegmans in December. I usually only read In-Fisherman, but that issue was an ice fishing special.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

fastribs85

« Reply #11 on: Mar 10, 2004, 09:11 PM »
i just like to read them now and again belong to bass but just like to find out more about fishing in general and ill read whatever is around but if ya live in pa get the pa game ans fish if you want some tips read that trieda spot and caught my bigggest trout ever
naked women and beer we got it all in here

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #12 on: Mar 27, 2004, 03:54 AM »
There is not a match for In Fisherman. They have the general magazine, an annual ice fishing guide, and an annual guide for cats, walleyes, and bass. The reason I like it is they are so unbiased. They deliberately put articles that show baitfishing, when done properly, doesn't harm fish and can work fine with catch and release angling.
The Linders still contribute to the magazine, but they have branched off and write more for North American Fishing Club magazine.
Editor in Chief Doug Stange and I exchange a lot of emails, I do research for the magazine and he pays me a small amount each month. He is a super nice guy and probably one of the best all around anglers in the world.

Tyler

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Mar 27, 2004, 07:08 AM »
Of course this is an unbiased opinion. :-[ :P ;) :D  Just giving you a hard time Mackdaddy,  if nothing else,  this brings some credibility to your musings,  I mean posts. :-[(did I type that out loud) :-X  I will have to pick one up now,  I currently read BASS cover to cover.  However,  bass are not the only fish I fish for.

P.S.  90% of the comments made in this post were made in jest.  I am a sarcastic person and like to give as well as receive a hard time.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #14 on: Mar 27, 2004, 12:03 PM »
Along with infisherman, north american fishing club magazine is a good one.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.