FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Any Outdoor Writers Out There?  (Read 8170 times)

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
Any Outdoor Writers Out There?
« on: Mar 12, 2004, 12:43 PM »
Judging by the content and quality of information exchanged on MyFishFinder, there are a bunch of people here who know there stuff. There may even be a few who make a living, have a writing hobby, or perhaps aspirations to write outdoor articles.

Is there anyone who does write or has written outdoor articles for some publication? Aspiring minds want to know . . .

Thank you in advance,
-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Hollywood

Re: Any Outdoor Writers Out There?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2004, 07:44 PM »
I can pee my name in the snow...........

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2004, 08:00 PM »
What's your interest?
RG

Tom...talented!! ;D
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Hollywood

« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2004, 09:44 PM »
RG- thats the short version. If the fish are hitting good enough for me to put it off long enough I can do a full "Thomas Hollywood". I'm outdoors. I'm writing. It counts.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2004, 09:45 PM »
Tom, Now your braggin ::)
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2004, 09:52 PM »
I tried my hand at it and actually sold a couple of things.
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

reelcharacter

« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2004, 11:37 PM »
Fishin and musician?

That is not a combination I would think goes together?! (I will resist the juvenile urge to ask about singing to the fish)

I figure if I ever made it big, I might even be able to buy a couple of them fancy plastic worms to fish with.

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

reelcharacter

« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2004, 11:45 PM »
Hollywood,

Once wrote First, Middle and Last Name three times in the snow (as a HS Senior). Figure I can chalk if up to either a big bladder or a small -----.  :)

That was back in the good'ole days when political correctness had not been invented yet.

Not a problem during yellow snow season, but remember to stay away from hedgerows and fence-lines (they have them electric fences you know . . .  ) :-X

-Reelcharacter

Hollywood

« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2004, 07:08 AM »
Got in trouble once with our next door neighbor when I was in high school for "snow-writing". He was ticked cuz it was in his daughters handwritin'.............

jigerjim

« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2004, 11:31 AM »
Hollywood  I (LMFAO) at that especily the last coment. You are the best outdoor writer I know.
All way's keep your line wet

Hollywood

« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2004, 02:53 PM »
Jigerjim- Thank you,thank you very much. I'll not be quiting the day job soon though. Always keep your line wet- Hollywood.

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Mar 14, 2004, 03:14 PM »
Reelcharacter,

This is funny because I was thinking about this very thing this morning.  I would be interested in seeing a short story,  (true or not)  on a thread in the fish finder.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: Mar 14, 2004, 03:22 PM »
Mike,
We'll work on that ;D
RG

Jigwiggler

« Reply #13 on: Mar 14, 2004, 03:32 PM »
Got in trouble once with our next door neighbor when I was in high school for "snow-writing". He was ticked cuz it was in his daughters handwritin'.............

LMAO GOOD ONE!!!!
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #14 on: Mar 14, 2004, 03:38 PM »
Reelcharacter,

This is funny because I was thinking about this very thing this morning.  I would be interested in seeing a short story,  (true or not)  on a thread in the fish finder.

Go to the Ontario forum on the Shanty and read some of Germ's posts!! :o ;D  I think they qualify as short or not so short stories.  Just kidding Germ if you're here!
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.