FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Any Outdoor Writers Out There?  (Read 8168 times)

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Any Outdoor Writers Out There?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 14, 2004, 04:01 PM »
I will check that out.  When I say short story,  I want to emphasize story,  short is a relative term.  I hate most of the movies these days because they can't develop a plot in a hour and a half.  My point is that these stories will be very long compared to the posts that people are used to reading,  but they are not going to be mass printed as novels for Barnes and Noble.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #16 on: Mar 14, 2004, 04:04 PM »
I gotcha, I was just trying to get Germ to poke his head out.  Anybody know if he is over here yet?
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #17 on: Mar 15, 2004, 10:13 AM »
There's a little humor located in the "Bubbleheaded" topic that may qualify as short stories . . .  ;)

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #18 on: Mar 15, 2004, 10:43 AM »
Hollywood, you are one funny guy...had me rollin' today!

Jim C., not yet a member here but is on Iceshanty (he will come over here soon though), has written some articals for various fishing publications and will most likely write some more.  I personally have not, but would enjoy doing that some day.  There is definitely some real good readin' out here.

We ought to have a fishing story contest of some sort then vote on the winners, maybe have different categories (humor, true, etc.).

What do you think Scott?  Something that we could do when membership grows a bit?

skulldugary

« Reply #19 on: Mar 15, 2004, 11:15 AM »
Most everyone that post here is an out doorwriter,uf you know what I mean.........

dinker

« Reply #20 on: Mar 15, 2004, 03:04 PM »
  Hollywood, not only did you have me laughing , my wife p--d her pants she was laughing so hard. Very good!

reelcharacter

« Reply #21 on: Mar 15, 2004, 10:49 PM »
Thanks for keeping this topic lively. Hollywood, you took my topic of "Outdoor Writing" in a direction I would never of imagined . . .

I think there is a closet outdoor writer in all of us that prompts items like these posts. (Well, all but Hollywoods, that is) . . .   :)

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Scott

• Administrator
  • Jig Jig for a big pig
« Reply #22 on: Mar 16, 2004, 07:49 AM »
Hey guys great idea! I split this thread off in its own area.

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=763.0

-Scott

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: Mar 16, 2004, 08:32 AM »
I saw the new additions Scott. Very Nice...thankyou ;D
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

reelcharacter

« Reply #24 on: Mar 16, 2004, 10:22 AM »
Thanks Scott,

The breakout topic will likely be a true work of literary outdoor writing genius . . .   

(Yeh, right, who am I kiddin here)  :)

Anywise, it should be fun . . .   

Thanks again,
-Reelcharacter

Hey guys great idea! I split this thread off in its own area.

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=763.0

-Scott

Sandman

• Loud pipes save lives
« Reply #25 on: Mar 16, 2004, 01:33 PM »
Got in trouble once with our next door neighbor when I was in high school for "snow-writing". He was ticked cuz it was in his daughters handwritin'.............

Hollywood, your comment is priceless, I coughed out my beer when I read it. And your buddy said you only had s--t to say.
Mobil Launch Team - 2 , 5th MAC SOG
de Opresso liber

jigerjim

« Reply #26 on: Mar 16, 2004, 06:28 PM »
Hollywood With all the new snow were getting you should have a lot of space to wright on now. ;D I just tryed my hand at outdoor wrighting a little while ago, But at my age I run out of ink real fast. I just had enough to make my first letter in my name. :-[ By the time I filled my pen up agen I couldent find my first letter from before :-[ because it's still snowing real hard. :'(
All way's keep your line wet

reelcharacter

« Reply #27 on: Mar 20, 2004, 06:27 PM »
Check out the growing section on Outdoor Writing topics:

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?board=178.0

Is there an outdoor writer in you?

-Reelcharacter

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #28 on: Mar 21, 2004, 02:17 PM »
They call me coach!  Only I don't coach fishin, I coach swimming.  I've checked out the form of some of the fish I've caught and I give them an occasional pointer before releasing them.  ;D

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #29 on: Mar 27, 2004, 03:35 AM »
I have researched fishing topics for In Fisherman. I love writing about fishing. The guy in our local Grand Junction paper, Dave "Peter" Buchanan, generally only covers fly fishing, does about a dozen reports on the Gunnison River each year, when there are so many other and better places to fish as well.
People tell me, including high school and college teachers, that I am one of the best writers they have ever seen. I would love to be a regular columnist for In fisherman magazine. Doug Stange, editor in chief, has even told me I'm more than good enough to be a writer for them.
I plan in the future to write many books on fishing, and the politics and future of fishing. I so much want to write a trout book that isn't fly fishing oriented and brings out the real truth about how baitfisherman do not damage waters the way purist fly fisherman claim, and to also show that many purist fly anglers use inappropriate gear, and thus kill many trout they supposedly want to "protect" from bait and even lure fisherman.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to demonize fly fisherman. Just ticks me off when someone wants to try to legislate my favorite method off the water because they don't like seeing it. I want to ensure a future where all fisherman are welcome as long as they release the appropriate amount of fish.
Teaching kids to fish is one of the best things you can do to ensure they become good people in my mind. Fishing teaches so much love and respect for the outdoors and life in general, and gives kids something to do rather than party and drink. If only more kids fished, I think we'd have a lot less juvenile crime.

Tyler

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.