FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Thin Blue Line  (Read 2834 times)

Steve H.

Thin Blue Line
« on: Jul 31, 2023, 06:48 AM »
Headed to the mountains yesterday to enjoy the cooler, drier weather.  Hit one of my go-to streams and found the flows perfect, water temps chilly and the native brookies abundant and as gorgeous as ever.  Most around 4-5" but one a legit 8", mostly on terrestrials with my 2-wt.

It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
Re: Thin Blue Line
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2023, 07:52 AM »
Very nice! I was in Pittsburg this weekend and everything is still raging chocolate milk up there.

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Aug 01, 2023, 07:46 PM »
Real nice!

BassMaster12

« Reply #3 on: Aug 01, 2023, 08:34 PM »
Had last week off and spent almost all of it in the Littleton area. Don't have a lot to report other than good pics and good food and beers at the local spots- fished the amunoosuc most days but I'm still learning how to fly fish by trial and error. Weather was very nice though.

Anyways, sorry to hijack the thread but glad your efforts seemed to be a bit more rewarding than mine. Good stuff
_Icecold_ on the shanty

Steve H.

« Reply #4 on: Aug 02, 2023, 10:06 AM »
Real nice!

Thanks Jon!  Almost as nice as those buttery browns you're catching down in CT.  Love that you're doing the mousin' thing.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Steve H.

« Reply #5 on: Aug 02, 2023, 10:09 AM »
Had last week off and spent almost all of it in the Littleton area. Don't have a lot to report other than good pics and good food and beers at the local spots- fished the amunoosuc most days but I'm still learning how to fly fish by trial and error. Weather was very nice though.

Anyways, sorry to hijack the thread but glad your efforts seemed to be a bit more rewarding than mine. Good stuff

No hijack at all.  I actually started at the Ammonoosuc River but it was mobbed from Twin Mountain to Bretton Woods.  4-5 cars at ever pull-off and bridge, lots of them with rod vaults on their roofs and Simms stickers on their back windows.  Saw a few stockies (rainbows) caught on bait and hardware but nothing on flies that I could tell.  Didn't take me long to head into the woods, gaining elevation along the way, and focusing on the little native jewels.

lowaccord66

« Reply #6 on: Aug 04, 2023, 09:33 AM »
Thanks Jon!  Almost as nice as those buttery browns you're catching down in CT.  Love that you're doing the mousin' thing.

Thanks brother!  Open invite whenever.  Always nice to have backup against the night creatures.

BassMaster12

« Reply #7 on: Aug 07, 2023, 05:21 PM »
No hijack at all.  I actually started at the Ammonoosuc River but it was mobbed from Twin Mountain to Bretton Woods.  4-5 cars at ever pull-off and bridge, lots of them with rod vaults on their roofs and Simms stickers on their back windows.  Saw a few stockies (rainbows) caught on bait and hardware but nothing on flies that I could tell.  Didn't take me long to head into the woods, gaining elevation along the way, and focusing on the little native jewels.
Usually pays off to get away from the crowds. Ammonossuc wasn't very busy at all most places I went (Littleton/ Lisbon/ Bath area) but maybe that tells me something as nothing seemed to be buying what I was selling. Haha. I have a lot more to explore up there, hopefully I'll get a good amount of weekends in when I get the chance the next couple of months. It's all part of the fun.
_Icecold_ on the shanty

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2023, 03:12 PM »
Nice photos and fish

Steve H.

« Reply #9 on: Sep 13, 2023, 09:37 AM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.