FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Shoreline cleanup finds high number of plastic pollutants  (Read 5053 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: Shoreline cleanup finds high number of plastic pollutants
« Reply #15 on: Sep 26, 2016, 10:29 AM »
no there not ,besides if your to immature to pick up after yourself your to immature to have beer

rg  you  think this was  mean  or  negative????  it isn't my skin that got sensitive ...no one  got  blasted  and  I  stand bye  what isay if people  are  going to  threw  beer  cans  where I hunt or fish there to immature  to have beer ....'

you and attack  get kicked outta bingo  again or something???? maybe yer a  bit  to sensitive ,,stay outta  direct light  for awhile
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #16 on: Sep 26, 2016, 12:16 PM »
  Do they still make beer balls? Haven't seen one in ages.  ???

Mac Attack

« Reply #17 on: Sep 26, 2016, 12:26 PM »
  Do they still make beer balls? Haven't seen one in ages.  ???

Go look in the woods.

:whistling:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #18 on: Sep 26, 2016, 06:40 PM »
Remember the Heineken mini kegs?  Haven't seen them in years either. Never saw one in the woods.....just the fridge.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #19 on: Sep 26, 2016, 08:01 PM »
Remember the Heineken mini kegs?  Haven't seen them in years either. Never saw one in the woods.....just the fridge.

Rg

Still available.
My neighbor Paul, out at the lake, gets them all the time.

He's not tossing the empty into Erie though.

;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #20 on: Sep 27, 2016, 04:38 AM »
When i was a kid at our cottage on Lake Ontario near Lyndonville, dad and his buddies had a beer can launcher . It was a hunk of steel pipe buried into the ground and aimed out over the water. They'd drop a Silver Salute down he pipe and drop a beer can in after. It shot it out into the lake like a cannon. We kids would float around on inner tubes with our dive masks and fins and try to retrieve them off the bottom. The cans were steel then and sunk pretty fast. Especially with the top blown out. Those were the days of can openers. One would pop two holes in the top of the can to consume. They always dropped the can in top side down.

Times have changed.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #21 on: Sep 27, 2016, 08:10 AM »
The thing that grosses me out the most that washes up on he shores is the tampon applicators.  I guess they do not get taken out in the water treatment process at the sewage treatment plants.  Nothing like your kid running up to you on the beach saying look at this cool rocket I found!   :sick: :sick:

jperch

« Reply #22 on: Sep 27, 2016, 12:55 PM »
I grew up on Lake O near Rochester.  I thought the balloons that washed up were worse than the applicators.  And i thought those big round things in the woods were puff balls?  jperch

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #23 on: Sep 27, 2016, 12:57 PM »
I'm very impressed with  the salmon fisherman around the ball diamond  very little trash at all and I  am pleased to report  I have witnessed  some fine ethics and sportsmanship  this year ...... :thumbup_smilie:  

funny I go where it's crowded and more people  from other states then local and it's clean ,I go to some bullhead spots and I fill the back of my jeep with trash and you know  new jersey fisherman don't come  for bullheads .....

nice job salmon heads
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Sep 27, 2016, 04:29 PM »
I grew up on Lake O near Rochester.  I thought the balloons that washed up were worse than the applicators.  And i thought those big round things in the woods were puff balls?  jperch

Yeah, those took some explanation from my dad. A lot of that changed when Van Lair was put on line. It's not perfect, but I've seen it way....way.....way worse in my lifetime.

I can remember algae blooms that would mass 50 yards of stinking, rotting goo in the cove where our cottage was. So bad we named it "Stinky Beach".

Irondequoit bay was considered toxic when I was a kid. It was a dumping ground. A remarkable turnaround for those waters in a relatively short period.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #25 on: Sep 27, 2016, 06:38 PM »
Yeah, those took some explanation from my dad. A lot of that changed when Van Lair was put on line. It's not perfect, but I've seen it way....way.....way worse in my lifetime.

I can remember algae blooms that would mass 50 yards of stinking, rotting goo in the cove where our cottage was. So bad we named it "Stinky Beach".

Irondequoit bay was considered toxic when I was a kid. It was a dumping ground. A remarkable turnaround for those waters in a relatively short period.

Rg

Yea Bob.
We have really seen a huge pendulum swing on the Great Lakes in out lifetime.
I hope that no future generation ever seas what we saw.
I hope it gets even better.

jperch

« Reply #26 on: Sep 28, 2016, 04:46 AM »
Our cottage was about 1/2 mile west of the outlet to the bay.  Yes, rotting green algae and dead alewives many yards thick at times that you would have to wade through to get out to "clean" water.  Grease balls would wash up on the beach.  Yes, we thought of the bay as toxic, we never kept any fish from there, although the silver bass fishing in the spring was sometimes awesome at the outlet.  I remember lots of suds in the water whenever it was rough, from detergent I suppose.  Things have improved greatly.  I guess our generation did something right.   jperch

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.