FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Free Fishing in NY on September 22nd  (Read 1396 times)

bogtrotter

Free Fishing in NY on September 22nd
« on: Sep 13, 2018, 07:22 AM »
Not this Saturday, but next (09/22/18), is Free Fishing Day in NY - - no license required.

manitron

Re: Free Fishing in NY on September 22nd
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2018, 01:43 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Jim.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2018, 03:59 PM »
Do they have one in Massachusetts?
New York has several through out the year...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

bogtrotter

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2018, 06:38 PM »
MA had one in early June, I believe.

MA may also have one coming up during icefishing season.  I'll check and post if it does.

However, unlike NY, which appears to have 4 Free Fishing Days throughout the year, I believe MA (like most States) only has 1 or 2 during the course of a year.

bogtrotter

« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2018, 06:46 PM »
I just checked.

MA only has a single Free Fishing Weekend (for freshwater) in June.  This past year's was June 2-3.

There is/was a separate Free Fishing Weekend later in June for salt water. 

However, unlike NY, MA does not have any Free Fishing Days during the icefishing season.

bigal409

« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 2018, 01:07 PM »
Would be a good day to come on down and check out the Salmon River in Pulaski. Go home with a nice salmon or steelhead.  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

westernmas

« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2018, 03:26 PM »
Also, FYI for those who have debated getting a NY license.  The NY license is valid for a full calendar year, regardless of when it is purchased.  So if you purchase a $50 out of state license today you are good until 9/13/2019.  It was a no brainer for me to get the annual license once I knew that.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #7 on: Sep 17, 2018, 08:21 AM »
Also, FYI for those who have debated getting a NY license.  The NY license is valid for a full calendar year, regardless of when it is purchased.  So if you purchase a $50 out of state license today you are good until 9/13/2019.  It was a no brainer for me to get the annual license once I knew that.
Dito here with the no brainer. I'm good until 8/23/2019. All set to hit the ice out there this year and bring the boat out to Ontario for early browns
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: Sep 18, 2018, 03:53 PM »
That is the best part of the NYS license.  The bad part is I get pulled over with out of state plates in NY at an alarming rate.  Don't go 10 over on the Northway!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.