FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Terrible weather  (Read 3021 times)

Invicta

Terrible weather
« on: Apr 02, 2004, 07:13 PM »
I've been wanting to do some fishing but this weather has been terrible. Last weekend (March 27-28) it was in the 70's and this weekend it's supposed to be in the 50's and 30's. PA has some crazy weather!

sparkie

Re: Terrible weather
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2004, 08:12 PM »
We had snow yesterday and more is predicted for this Sunday.

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2004, 07:45 AM »
I guess it's all how you look at it. I find the overcast days to be way more productive than the bright sunny ones. I'm from the Ice Shanty and know how to stay warm down to -20 degrees so the cold isn't a factor. I'm going out tonight for channel cats and can't wait!
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2004, 09:48 AM »
FM, this really stinks for us.  Our river is really up now and I'm worried that our walleye spawn will be ruined, the eggs being swept downstream.  We didn't need all of this rain.

Shouldn't hurt the catfishin' though!  I'm taking a weekend off from fishing this time, gotta spend some time with my family.  Since the rivers are a mess, this is a real opportune time for that.  The fish in our lakes probably will have lock jaw anyway with this cold snap.

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2004, 02:30 PM »
Whis is your river? Just curious. The Susquehanna is running right where it should be for this time of year up here in NEPA. Some how we missed almost all the predic ted rain.
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2004, 03:06 PM »
The Potomac River is just 10 minutes from my house.  One day of rain and the banks are swollen... :-\ :'(

monarkman

« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2004, 04:13 PM »
Hey guys, don't feel so bad here in the Lewistown area our river on the Juniata finally creasted at 15.5 ft. at 4.30 this morning thanks to LAKE RASTOWN  >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.