FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Another first for Thriller  (Read 1959 times)

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
Another first for Thriller
« on: Jul 07, 2004, 10:53 PM »
Well, it isn't a MA, but I caught my first drum tonight...about 18".  It was fun.  Too bad it was the only fish I caught tonight...pretty frustrating with the carp surface feeding all around  :o

Looking forward to many more....

Derek
Derek

Stevie B

Re: Another first for Thriller
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2004, 10:08 AM »
Looks good Derek!

Man a new boat on the drive way....do you ever use that thing?

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2004, 10:24 AM »
nice one thriller.....keep it up and the pics coming.....grump ;D

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2004, 08:26 PM »
Nice one thriller. What's this about a new boat??? Shore fishing is just as fun eh bud.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
« Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2004, 08:36 PM »
Picked up a Legend V-151 All Sport at the boat show.  Got it home in time for season opener.  Still getting used to it.  I've had it out I think 3 times...after second trip, a gasket on the Merc went...spent 2-3 weeks at Rond's. 

With the weather and our schedule, it just hasn't been good for getting the hours on it. 

We'll be renting a boat in the Whiteshell this weekend (one tow vehicle and trailer needs to get out there somehow).  Next weekend the boss is on call, so I may be able to sneak out, especially if I take a child.  We're taking a holiday trip starting the long weekend for 2 weeks, so Stevie, it won't get that many hours in yet.

With the good shore fishing we have in / near Winnipeg on the rivers here, I have difficulty justifying the added time involved with getting the boat ready and in/out of the water.  As I'm still getting used to it, I'd like to stay out of heavy current for a while yet.

Hopefully we'll get the hours up if / when the weather cooperates and I organize my fishing time....

Derek
Derek

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.