FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Not too shabby  (Read 104 times)

bogtrotter

Not too shabby
« on: May 19, 2024, 07:34 PM »
I fished the Main Branch of the .in Williamstown (behind Spruces Park and off Syndicate Road) with my buddy Bob fro 1 to 3 PM.

It was about 72 degrees and partly to mostly sunny.

Bob had the only action - - a 10" brown which hit his fly by Syndicate Road but slipped the hook just before Bob was going to land him.

After Bob left, I backtracked and tried 15 more minutes without success by the Ashton Avenue bridge (also on the Main Branch) in North Adams, before driving across town to the east side of the city to fish the North Branch for another hour and a half.

I started at the Natural Marble Bridge State Park and worked my way down to below the Eclipse Mill dam, but didn't have any strikes.

Unwilling to concede defeat, I drove over to Fish Pond (Windsor Lake) and eked out a win for the day by landing a 15" largemouth, a good-sized crappie, a rock bass and three sunfish all in the course of 45 minutes.

Then I headed home for another cookout - - this time chicken breast sauteed with foraged mushroom and ramp bulbs in a sofrito/ recaito sauce, a side of boiled milk weed shoots (tastes like asparagus) with mayonnaise (the poor man's hollandaise) and a Rolling Rock beer.

lowaccord66

Re: Not too shabby
« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:26 AM »
Nice effort Jim!

westernmas

Re: Not too shabby
« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:03 PM »
Trout didn't seem hungry yesterday.  I was up in the Lee area fishing the housatonic and couldn't get a trout to bite.  I fished below the dam near stockbridge and landed what must have been 20 rock bass and about 3 smallies, one of which was decent size and put up a good fight.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.