FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Protecting Cell Phone on the water  (Read 3865 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Protecting Cell Phone on the water
« Reply #15 on: Jun 14, 2023, 08:00 AM »
After 2 years in a row dropping my phone down an ice hole I attach a caribeener to my phone case that is clipped on my belt. Still dropped it many times but now stays attached.

There is a samsung s7 active in a lifeproof case.  7 feet of water at Park Pond. Was in lap, went down the ice hole.

taxid

« Reply #16 on: Jun 15, 2023, 09:03 PM »
There is a samsung s7 active in a lifeproof case.  7 feet of water at Park Pond. Was in lap, went down the ice hole.

Oh man that sucks!  I bet there are a lot of cell phones at the bottom of lakes and ponds out there!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #17 on: Jun 16, 2023, 12:57 PM »
Oh man that sucks!  I bet there are a lot of cell phones at the bottom of lakes and ponds out there!

Yup, I kept fishing and saw its dim glow, just out of reach as texts came in.  If someone finds it, it will likely work because of the case.  I hate that I put a lithium battery on the bottom of a lake.

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Jun 18, 2023, 03:33 PM »
Yup, I kept fishing and saw its dim glow, just out of reach as texts came in.  If someone finds it, it will likely work because of the case.  I hate that I put a lithium battery on the bottom of a lake.

If I lived out your way with the clear lakes I'd be using my scuba certification and could probably find it for ya!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

oatkasut

« Reply #19 on: Jun 21, 2023, 06:05 PM »
When I retired 23 years ago I handed in my cell phone and have not missed it one bit!

taxid

« Reply #20 on: Jun 21, 2023, 09:41 PM »
When I retired 23 years ago I handed in my cell phone and have not missed it one bit!

I fought getting one for years and got the first one wet kayak fishing. Then I got another one and use it mainly for texting.

I found a new use for it. When I'm in a big box store or grocery store and can't find my wife I just text her and ask her where she is. Saves times looking up and down the aisles!  ;D Once I got up right behind her and asked her where she was.   :rotflol:

Mac Attack

« Reply #21 on: Jun 21, 2023, 09:46 PM »

Nobody wants to call you eh!
So you’re the guy.

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

NYESOX

« Reply #22 on: Jun 22, 2023, 04:59 PM »
Loksak

Drycase

Seal line

Cold case gear

Are options i am yet to confirm if any of them dont float

lowaccord66

« Reply #23 on: Jun 22, 2023, 09:23 PM »
Can confirm, smart to make sure an option floats...my first attempt for tuna last season....I learned the float for my boat keys wasnt enough and they slowly sank at the side of the gas dock....what a crappy night that was.

NYESOX

« Reply #24 on: Jun 23, 2023, 06:15 AM »
Can confirm, smart to make sure an option floats...my first attempt for tuna last season....I learned the float for my boat keys wasnt enough and they slowly sank at the side of the gas dock....what a crappy night that was.

Do you keep a magnet

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #25 on: Jun 23, 2023, 07:19 AM »
I have a float for my boat keys- never tried it though! Need to check that!

NYESOX

« Reply #26 on: Jun 23, 2023, 08:00 AM »
I have a float for my boat keys- never tried it though! Need to check that!
I keep a magnet in my car in case my hammer falls out if my belt down into a concrete block so i figured might as well  suggest it

lowaccord66

« Reply #27 on: Jun 24, 2023, 07:55 PM »
Do you keep a magnet

Mouth of the CT river, outgoing tide.  Magnet wouldnt save me.

gilldan

« Reply #28 on: Jul 04, 2023, 03:24 PM »
The wife bought me a water proof case for mine.  Not sure where she got it but it works.  She mainly bought it for me when I go ice fishing as I seem to have a problem staying above the ice sometimes.  I guess I take too many chances.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.