FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Some reports from the river....  (Read 1232 times)

tip-uptwo

Some reports from the river....
« on: Aug 25, 2007, 05:43 PM »
Saturday, July 28

Broke in the new boat last weekend :)

Just a quick report from last night and today..Photo quality sucks. Still trying to figure out the 'self portrait' feature of the camera and how to use flash while doing so  :? Almost lost the camera a few times placing it on the bow mount trolling motor  :lol:  :shock:

I only brought minimal gear with me and forgot the walleye grubs and bottom bouncers at home  :x Smallies were leaping everywhere so I had decided that bass were going to be my target for the night.

Working some of my and Anthonys favorite spots for them I picked up a few on the  small rock shoal (Island) infront of the cottage. Action was steady at one point..5 fish for 5 casts  :roll: Not bad. It was hard to find a patterns of Senko that worked better than the others...50 different patterns, most seemed to work.

I took dad out for an hour and he got into a few too.

Later on in the evening, I scooted to a great little spot that Anthony and I have taken numerous good fish from. It's a rock/sand transition area that breaks current coming from the main river. Average depth of the break is 7-14feet. Using a bitsy bug in a craw pattern and small Yamamoto craw trailer, I finaly got a tap on my line I have been waiting for. With a big hookset and ease while fighting her I was able to put it in the net. Nice fish but there is definatly bigger. Darkness came and It was time to head in for pizza. Wish I could have had someone snap tonights flicks for me.

Long weekend coming up..That means big fish!!

Tuesday, Aug 2

Fished all Sunday and a good part of today. Bass and walleye were biting..made for some great fishing. I lost two really nice fish boatside too :x  :x   Boat traffic was crazy  :shock: It was nice to finally have a weekend with nice weather! Had a great time partying with everyone once the sun went down too 8)

Bass and walleye were tight to the timber. Anthony and I finessed them with shakey heads/floating worms. Got a few filippin' Bearpaws beaver style baits and Hippie Sticks as well.

Also discovered a new specie of fish. Can you identify it?

Sunday, Aug 19

Another great weekend went by and although the weather was not the best, fishing was superb. Cold and windy weather made it impossible to get on the river at some points. Rain also was heavy at times. Despite that, we made the best of the few days.

Unlike the past few weeks, largemouth bass came out of hiding and were on fire. Smallmouth were more finicky and were few and far between.

The first night up at the cottage we fished the shoreline our cottage is on and stayed close to home. There is a sweet little stretch that always has a bass or two on it. First cast to the back corner of a dock this guy whacked a shaky head rig.

Next morning I awoke to an awesome looking sky. Water was calm and I could see fish jumping everywhere. It was a lot cooler. The day still looked very promising.

A straight ride to one of our many spots we had planned to fish took only 15 minutes. We started casting into the timber and many rock piles with finesse worms and soft-plastic jerkbaits. Right away the fish made there presence. A few picture worthy fish and off to the next spot where we knew the fish would make there way in the afternoon.

On our way we stopped by some good looking fish holding structure. Decided we would  toss a cast or two and was rewarded.

Pike were everywhere in the next spot. Burning spinnerbaits over weeds is how most of the fish were caught. Weeding out the pike from bass made it harder to get the target species. 3 pike for every bass was how it went.

And a nice little suprise too while working a rock point.

The area fished is pretty prestine. Rarley do we see other boats around (SnagThis great to see you in the creek mouth) and some of the spots bass anglers pray to find. One tree we pull 5 largemouth from every time we pitch into it. We call the ''V'' because of the shape of it. We pretty much name just about every spot and fallen tree we fish LOL.

A single downside to the weekend was a massive pike that swiped a tube right at the side of the boat. Setting the hook almost immediatly I snapped a Shimano Crucial in half. Guessed him at around 15 pounds. Should get a new rod in the mail soon.

The nights cool and so were the mornings LOL. It made for some great scenery shots. I don't know what the heck that black dot is in the bottom of all my pictures is. Seems to only happen a few.

Fishing ''The Flat'', one of our largemouth spots we were able to pick up a few fish on spinnerbaits and senkos style plastics.

A few more healthy bass

We caught well over 70 bass during the weekend  with some real beautys in the 3-4lbs range and some bigger. Action was non-stop. We decided to fish some timber before leaving. The spot we chose is known for plenty of action. We knew we would be able to get into a few more before leaving. Spinnerbaits and weighted texas rigged lizards put the most bass in the boat.

The weekend ended to fast. So did the summer. A few weeks left and the pens with will replace rods. Another fantastic weekend at the cottage went by, I cant wait for next weekend!!

Good Fishing

-Andrew

kappy

Re: Some reports from the river....
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2007, 05:47 AM »
Tip up
  nice job on the narrating and the pics   took me 15 minutes to look and read
looks like you like to target bass mostly, a few nice eyes you got there,,
any other pan fish, great pics  nice area, 
nice job all around, that weird fish in the movie,, I would say looked like a white sucker.. ha....  maybe a world record,, did you mount it?    thanks,, enjoyed the reading ,,, keep them coming..

ULTRAlite

• 24" Bowz or Bust...
« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2007, 10:21 AM »
Looks like a good little boat you got there - How did she work for ya?  Did you name her?

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 26, 2007, 07:47 PM »
Way to go tip-uptwo, you found a nice variety of fish there.
Keep them comming. :)

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.