FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: An awesome day aboard the Yankee Troller!!!  (Read 2243 times)

fishboy

An awesome day aboard the Yankee Troller!!!
« on: May 20, 2007, 02:03 PM »
Well after several attempts at getting together over the past year or so my wife's uncle Paul and I decided it was time to get serious about getting together for a real fishing excursion.  Since Uncle Paul had never been, I decided we should charter a boat from the west end of Lake Ontario to fish salmon and trout in the spring, especially since I have heard nothing but great reports from that part of the world and salmon fishing.  Sooo we settled on MFF's very own Crazy Yankee, Rick Hajecki and believe me we were not dissappointed!  We booked an 8 hr trip for four out of Wilson and my friends Mark and Jason came along for the action.  Truly a fantastic day!  We caught a ton of fish!  At least 15 cohos maybe more Its hard to keep track when you have three and four fish on at the same time, four or five steelhead and about six Kings, the biggest about 22lbs!  At times fish were flyin in and out of the boat and camera's were clickin. At one point I had to quickly throw my fish back in order to pick up another rod!  Unbelievable!!  Calm water bright sunshine, good company and even good food (Aunt Ellie packed us an awesome lunch)
So here's the pics, enjoy!

Uncle Paul scored first with one of the many nice eater Cohos of the day

Jay with another nice Coho

Mark with another nice Coho

Me with a nice Coho off the boards

a  few other pics of some Steelhead and a few small Cohos

Mark enjoying a Sam Adams and a Fuente at about 8:30 Am  :laugh:

Once we had a bunch of fish in the box Rick decide we'd better stop playing with those dinky Cohos and get serious about some Kings and things picked up.
We started small

Oh and I forgot to mention everyone was in for a five spot for the biggest and up until about 11:00 Jay had the leader with that nice Steelie
I pulled ahead with this nice King

we landed a few more medium Kings and Cohos and Uncle Paul landed a very nice Steelhead before Jayson put into the big fish of the day a very nice King of about 22lbs. A cool pic of it coming to the net.

and the beast of the day and the money winner ! Great job Jay!

And finally the glory pic at the end of a truly awesome day!

Thanks for an awesome trip Rick you and your Dad are a class act all the way!  Very impressive and enjoyable trip...Wow is all I can say Thanks again man! We'll be doin that again soon I guarantee it!

T

Swim with the fishes
live with the fishes
act like the fishes
smell like the fishes!

Texaco

Re: An awesome day aboard the Yankee Troller!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 07:04 PM »
T,
You'll be very happy to know I spent that money on more stufff that I will probably never use

Gump

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 10:36 PM »
Nice looking fish !!!  Yeah, Rick gets lucky once in a while..... ;D

"Why do you go on these trips with me , Ed?"

fishboy

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 09:24 AM »
T,
You'll be very happy to know I spent that money on more stufff that I will probably never use

Attaboy!
Swim with the fishes
live with the fishes
act like the fishes
smell like the fishes!

fishboy

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 10:39 AM »
Hey i think that first fish Uncle Paul has is a King, oh well I must have shuffled the pics!  Big shiney trout type fish...whatever!
Swim with the fishes
live with the fishes
act like the fishes
smell like the fishes!

brewer

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 11:36 AM »
Nice fish, and it looks like you had a great time.

OTIS

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 08:45 PM »
Sweet!  Looks like I missed the boat on that trip! ::) ::) ::)
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

fishboy

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 09:05 AM »
Sweet!  Looks like I missed the boat on that trip! ::) ::) ::)

Pack your bags honey were goin on a guilt trip!  hey man there were only four spots and the guys that actually go fishing with me snatched em up.   By the way my phone didn't ring this weekend :whistling:
Swim with the fishes
live with the fishes
act like the fishes
smell like the fishes!

OTIS

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 11:58 AM »
I didn't make it out last weekend.  Let me know when you want to go out this weekend.  Saturday is looking good so far.  Are you up for a trip Saturday morning?
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

fishboy

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 11:20 AM »
Gotta work bud  :'(  lots of baby tiger muskies with open mouths to take care of! I would love to but i can't.  I'll have tues and Wed off but I'll probably be in my boat or Dad's.  let me know how you do.
Swim with the fishes
live with the fishes
act like the fishes
smell like the fishes!

OTIS

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 12:43 PM »
Sure thing.  Let me know the next weekend or night you have the time to hit the water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.