FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Not as expensive as I thought.  (Read 3630 times)

taxid

Re: Not as expensive as I thought.
« Reply #15 on: Aug 01, 2019, 03:00 PM »
I guess the place to go in New Zealand are the Twezel Canals?

https://www.completeangler.co.nz/info/twizel-tekapo-canal-html-13
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #16 on: Aug 01, 2019, 03:02 PM »
Too far for big trout.  You can do that in the states.  Have friends that have been.  Id go but it would be to cast for yellowfin tuna from shore...

That's true and no clue if I will really go at some point. Just was surprised the airfare wasn't twice that much.

That said the Great Lakes out this way are not what they used to be by a long shot. Use to be the place to go for oversized salmonids. Now it's really hit and miss. Michigan north of me isn't even stocking many brown trout with only one inland lake planted with browns. I really miss the 70's and 80's. Used to be quite a sight to look down into the water off of one dam where I studied fisheries science. Browns as big as salmon and 30 pound salmon were quite common.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #17 on: Aug 01, 2019, 04:04 PM »
Ontario browns have my interest for fall/early winter. 

Filet that exchange rate is worth noting.  That makes things very expensive.

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #18 on: Aug 09, 2019, 02:18 PM »
I'm HORRIFIED of flying but I do it when I must. Any flight that is longer than 10 hours starts to be a pretty severe problem for me.

I like the boat idea.

You should note that Quantas Airline has the best record for air travel.
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

lowaccord66

« Reply #19 on: Aug 09, 2019, 05:40 PM »
Jethro I used to be horrified as a kid now I hop on planes all the time for work.  Funny thing is my dad's friend owned a Cessna and a Piper.  Being that my old man and his buddy were both aircraft mechanics we spent a TON of time in either flying over CT.  Small planes to me ARE horrifying but it wouldn't stop me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.