MFF US Midwest > Indiana

LAKE BRUCE

(1/5) > >>

abishop:
Going to give it a try Tuesday for my first fishing adventure in 8 months. Seems like years. I will report what happens. Time to break out a couple of my good fishing cigars. Anyone else going???

den58:
Hey Al what you targeting the toothy critters or those 7 inch crappie?

abishop:
Last couple years all those 7 inchers grew up. I dont keep them unless they are at least 10. We will see what happens. Hope this isn't a off year. Crappie go in cycles, for 3 or 4 years the bite is non stop and then every now and then you cant get a bite. This year we have to see. Should know within the first hour.

Spooled85:
This must be one of those years ! I have hunted for them like crazy and never caught one

Daybreak:
Huh?  I talked to a guy a couple of weeks ago and he said he has been doing OK on crappie the last few years on Bruce Lake.  This was the year I thought I would try and make the trip over and see for myself.  On new lakes I make sure I spend a fair amount of time looking for structure and schools of fish with my electronics.  They used to tell me the crappie in Patoka were all shorts too.  Indiana Slab Masters held a tournament down there and did pretty well as I remember.  Good luck Al!  Hope you find some of those good eaters!!!  Let us know what you find.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version