FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Eating Yellow perch  (Read 31229 times)

The Rusty Crab

Re: Eating Yellow perch
« Reply #75 on: Aug 20, 2010, 09:05 AM »
Awesome result of a post guys!!! Always wanted to go to Maine to ice fish, we talk about it all the time when on the ice here. 
I can believe 14 hours, my sister in law lived in northern Maine. Drove to her house once, was just over 12 hours.
I'm between Albany and Platsburg. I'm over two hours from Pulaski.
Still would be a great time, and worth any drive.

Total driving time was around 12 hours but stopping to eat, we did take a quick spin over to the beach to see if it was worth trying to hit for stripers, then waited outside cabellas for 1/2 hour. 

Mainehazmt

« Reply #76 on: Aug 20, 2010, 09:14 AM »
I go away for a day and you start this crap up!!!!   perch are for eagles only!!!  sea gulls even turn their nose up on em (got pictures!)I dont eat those worm infested things!   at the banquet I picked out the perch!   but if ya want to really get perch  come on up   got a few lakes we'd love to see em gone from   I do my part in eliminating all I can   we have derbys approved by the State of maine some with nice prizes for the most killed   last one up here  think was 250+ by one person    bring your bags up   ya can follow around on the ice and get your fill   I dont take em home EVER!
I am a Proud Veteran I am Not a Terrorist!

bee

« Reply #77 on: Aug 20, 2010, 09:28 AM »
I go away for a day and you start this crap up!!!!   perch are for eagles only!!!  sea gulls even turn their nose up on em (got pictures!)I dont eat those worm infested things!   at the banquet I picked out the perch!   but if ya want to really get perch  come on up   got a few lakes we'd love to see em gone from   I do my part in eliminating all I can   we have derbys approved by the State of maine some with nice prizes for the most killed   last one up here  think was 250+ by one person    bring your bags up   ya can follow around on the ice and get your fill   I dont take em home EVER!

No leaving them on the ice anymore. Thats one of your trips you won,t have to do.
Hookum & Cookum Otherwise Releaseum

J Man

« Reply #78 on: Aug 20, 2010, 09:46 AM »
Nice. Welcome Team NY. Take all the perch you want. A few years ago i put my nephew onto a pile of them. this pic represents probably about a quarter of all we caught in a few hourse before the SuperBowl. I filleted these up and gave them to a friend from wisconsin. He was stoked. Nephew was as well.

J Man

« Reply #79 on: Aug 20, 2010, 09:46 AM »
Well, i guess you won;t see the pile until i figure out posting pics... :-\

J Man

« Reply #80 on: Aug 20, 2010, 09:48 AM »

Better...

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #81 on: Aug 20, 2010, 09:50 AM »
Wow thats a nice pile of fish. are there worms in the meat or are they pretty clean  ???

J Man

« Reply #82 on: Aug 20, 2010, 09:55 AM »
Not sure. this is the first time i cut them up. It was during the winter, and i didn't see one worm. But, i hear that is to be expected during the winter...

H.T.

« Reply #83 on: Aug 20, 2010, 10:01 AM »
i can not belive that you guys dont eat perch. here in NY people will give there left nut for fish like that. i spend a lot of my ice fishing season chaseing those and monster blue gills. i would love to get up there this year. we will be working on a trip for sure. let us know if any of you guys decide to come down for some of these mud sharks that will be running the river soon. we will send you home with a truck load if you want them  ;D ;D

The Rusty Crab

« Reply #84 on: Aug 20, 2010, 10:17 AM »
i can not belive that you guys dont eat perch. here in NY people will give there left nut for fish like that. i spend a lot of my ice fishing season chaseing those and monster blue gills. i would love to get up there this year. we will be working on a trip for sure. let us know if any of you guys decide to come down for some of these mud sharks that will be running the river soon. we will send you home with a truck load if you want them  ;D ;D

Wish I would have known I just got back from lake Ontario.  We did boat one nice king but would have loved some "mud sharks"

H.T.

« Reply #85 on: Aug 20, 2010, 10:26 AM »
they are still out in the lake right now. another couple of weeks they will start pouring into the river. first or second week of october is normally prime time. keep an eye on the salmon river thread.  ;)

The Rusty Crab

« Reply #86 on: Aug 20, 2010, 12:38 PM »
they are still out in the lake right now. another couple of weeks they will start pouring into the river. first or second week of october is normally prime time. keep an eye on the salmon river thread.  ;)

will these fish have holes in them :)

H.T.

« Reply #87 on: Aug 20, 2010, 12:39 PM »
no guns on the river allowed so no bullet holes. just full of fish hooks  ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #88 on: Aug 20, 2010, 12:40 PM »
Better wear armour gloves, there will be all sorts of sharp things hanging out of them!! They kinda look like x-mas ornaments once they get upriver aways!!! ;D--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

The Rusty Crab

« Reply #89 on: Aug 21, 2010, 09:58 AM »
will these fish have holes in them :)

I heard about the old times when they would use the pitch forks to scoop the fish out of the river.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.