FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: new boat modifications  (Read 5155 times)

sorelippin

Re: new boat modifications
« Reply #15 on: Apr 09, 2013, 07:44 AM »
That will be a nice first ride for you.  Believe it or not, if you pick your days, that boat can go A LOT of places. 

haightdaddy

« Reply #16 on: Apr 09, 2013, 07:57 AM »
Bringing it out today after I buy seats and life jackets. Mom won't let me go afloat without them ::)

sorelippin

« Reply #17 on: Apr 09, 2013, 08:46 AM »
Some places require everyone to wear them until May 1st and it's not bad practice anyway.  With the water temps as cold as they are this time of year, a PFD is your friend  ;)  Good luck out there.

haightdaddy

« Reply #18 on: Apr 09, 2013, 09:02 AM »
I just want to try the new boat. But catching something would be nice too ;)

masoneddie

• Happiness is a bent rod....Doh!
« Reply #19 on: Apr 09, 2013, 09:22 AM »
Best of luck with your maiden voyage! Keep us posted!  :thumbup_smilie:

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #20 on: Apr 09, 2013, 12:10 PM »
Bringing it out today after I buy seats and life jackets. Mom won't let me go afloat without them ::)

Fish and Game won't let you go out without PFD's either..... Must have one of proper size and class for anyone aboard.

PapaAthona

« Reply #21 on: Apr 09, 2013, 12:48 PM »
Nice boat dude!  Good luck out there!  I saw some nice padded seats at Walmart the other day.  Where are you getting your seats? 

joefishmore

« Reply #22 on: Apr 09, 2013, 06:22 PM »
RID SOME PLYWOOD FOR A FLOOR THAT WILL FIT BETWEEN THE SEATS AND THE SLOTS ON THE SIDES
WITH A PIECE OF 2 BY 4 NAILED UNDERNEATH FOR SUPPORT.MUCH EASIER TO STAND ON.

Sinnian

« Reply #23 on: Apr 09, 2013, 06:34 PM »
Only one type of rod holder for a 12' aluminum (well there should only be one...)

http://www.down-east.com/website_006.htm

Many places carry them, KTP for one.
Sometimes it's better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open you mouth and remove all doubt ~ Abe Lincoln
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument ~W McAdoo

haightdaddy

« Reply #24 on: Apr 09, 2013, 06:40 PM »
Just bought two seats and swivel attachments at walmart. Also some life jackets. Just gonna make my own rod holder's and try to save a couple bucks for something else like a new Minn kota

haightdaddy

« Reply #25 on: Apr 09, 2013, 08:25 PM »
looks like ill be taking it out tomorrow for about an hour before a  baseball game. cant wait! ;D

NHAngler

« Reply #26 on: Apr 10, 2013, 05:06 AM »
My first boat was a 12' rowboat with a 1953 Evinrude 3.5 hp motor. That boat went everywhere from ponds the size of a bath tub to the Atlantic ocean (not suggesting this btw ). Good luck and be safe with your new ride.

Confidence catches fish! The rest of it is just there to keep us busy.

haightdaddy

« Reply #27 on: Apr 10, 2013, 08:08 PM »
I have 1960's evinrude 3hp twin cyl that I was looking to get tuned up and cleaned up. i found it in a barn, cleaned the carb and put new gas in it and it fired up.. also put new sparkplugs in for the hell of it. it runs good suprising but takes a while to start and I think It might be misfiring on one of the cylinders because its way under powered, but sometimes the power increases. does a marine mechanic need to tune it up and look through it or could a motorcycle mechanic take care of it? jw cuz a family friend owns his own motorcycle shop in nashua

NHAngler

« Reply #28 on: Apr 10, 2013, 08:56 PM »
question is really 2 stroke vs 4 stroke mechanic. If this person works on 2 stroke motorcycles they might. If not, Granite state boat works in Milford will treat you right.

Confidence catches fish! The rest of it is just there to keep us busy.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #29 on: Apr 11, 2013, 10:17 AM »
I have 1960's evinrude 3hp twin cyl that I was looking to get tuned up and cleaned up. i found it in a barn, cleaned the carb and put new gas in it and it fired up.. also put new sparkplugs in for the hell of it. it runs good suprising but takes a while to start and I think It might be misfiring on one of the cylinders because its way under powered, but sometimes the power increases. does a marine mechanic need to tune it up and look through it or could a motorcycle mechanic take care of it? jw cuz a family friend owns his own motorcycle shop in nashua

A piston is a piston, a cam is a cam. If someone has the skills to work on a motor it shouldn't matter what it came from... I've worked on anything in my shop from a twin turbo V12 AMG Benz to a good customers log splitter. If your family friend can fix a dirt bike he can fix an outboard... In my opinion your biggest concern will be finding parts for an outboard from the sixties.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.