FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Vacation is over - Fish are safe yet again  (Read 1675 times)

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Vacation is over - Fish are safe yet again
« on: Jun 25, 2018, 12:02 PM »
Well, as always vacation is over in just a few blinks.

We caught more than our fair share of smallmouth and largemouth. TONS of rockbass and many went back to meet Mr. F. Knife. They tasted great floured and fried! Took a few lbs home as well. The smallmouth were hard to pattern. We got most of them on secondary drops in 10-18 feet of water as we noticed that the spawn was all but over. Nothing up in the shallows and only a few from deeper docks. So the focus was drops and deeper rock piles which proved successful but not all of these similar areas had fish so fish and move was the method. we did still catch a few off fresh beds but the crazy part was when we worked a certain island on the last day and started catching pigs in 2-4 feet of water mid day! Just through another theory out the window. My guess was they were there looking for food as it was rocky but not filled with boulders. Senko, drop shot, and crank all worked great. Jig for largies. Also caught a 4lb pickerel off a beach with no cover, weird.

Caught some native brookies, a Brown, and tons of suckers in a stream as well.

The rest of the time was spent with my little guy, wife, and friends -  Oddly enough the first time I enjoyed this more than fishing. Must be the "dad" thing.

Enjoy the sunsets because I already miss them, especially enjoyed with a LARGE variety of Tree House beers, including the famous Juice Machine! (for you beer snobs out there)

Wicked Wec

zwiggles

Re: Vacation is over - Fish are safe yet again
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2018, 12:08 PM »
Looks like a great trip!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2018, 01:33 PM »
somehow this picture did not make it.

Wicked Wec

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #3 on: Jun 26, 2018, 12:23 PM »
Nice, glad your trip worked out! I wish we could of hooked up to get you into some coldwater fishing but maybe next time.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #4 on: Jun 26, 2018, 02:07 PM »
No worries Jethro. Now my next vacation is in February for a long week of ice fishing!
Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #5 on: Jun 26, 2018, 02:17 PM »
zwiggles,

I was able to pick up some local to NH maple syrup as well. I am betting its not the same like homemade but its the best I could find. I will be making maple bacon Brussels spouts very soon!
Wicked Wec

zwiggles

« Reply #6 on: Jun 26, 2018, 02:19 PM »
zwiggles,

I was able to pick up some local to NH maple syrup as well. I am betting its not the same like homemade but its the best I could find. I will be making maple bacon Brussels spouts very soon!

Nice! I’m sure it will be great stuff. I would also recommend pancetta vs bacon for the sprouts. We have done a few with pancetta which came out much better vs bacon.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #7 on: Jun 26, 2018, 02:43 PM »
Nice! I’m sure it will be great stuff. I would also recommend pancetta vs bacon for the sprouts. We have done a few with pancetta which came out much better vs bacon.

I will take you up on that for sure! Lets see if the wife knows the difference. lol

Any other maple recipes?

I also enjoy green beans and wax beans with maple or even better honey and red pepper flakes.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: Jun 26, 2018, 04:12 PM »
Great pics Mike glad it was a good trip!

whitewing

« Reply #9 on: Jun 27, 2018, 07:18 AM »
Looking for maple recipes check out the Maple Syrup Cookbook by Ken Haedrich. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.