FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: I Need New Wading Boots!  (Read 3315 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: I Need New Wading Boots!
« Reply #15 on: Aug 14, 2020, 01:08 PM »
i  think i  got  mine  from all  seasons  in pulaski  ....great  shop
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Aug 20, 2020, 06:40 AM »
Just finished gluing my boots back together. Used Gorilla clear contact adhesive. They claim its better than E6000. Waterproof, flexible bond. I stuffed the boots with craft paper to keep their shape.

First I glued the mid-sole to the last and it looks pretty darned good. This morning I glued the sole with the studs to the midsole. Used clear packing tape to hold everything in place. Package says 24 hr cure but I could still smell the glue so I’ll wait a few days till I give them a test.

Looks like I can  get a few more days on the stream it of them. My lovely Bride said she’d buy me new if I wanted. I told her to wait till March. Good birthday present.

It’s worth $4.98 to give it a shot.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #17 on: Aug 21, 2020, 07:56 PM »

I don’t blame you to try and make them last , I used barge cement stuff is amazing ,

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #18 on: Aug 23, 2020, 05:18 AM »
The things we do to make things last a little longer......lol   Goop is my go to adhesive.  Sits next to the duct tape on my shelf. 
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Aug 23, 2020, 05:45 AM »
Couldn’t get Barge cement locally and I didn’t want to wait. I compared Goop, Shoo Goo, E-6000 and the Gorilla clear. They’re all basically the same adhesive. I went with the Gorilla because it was a lot more for the money. I just checked them and they look to be really stuck together. Still smell glue curing so I’ll wait a few days.

I have a pair of brand new hip boots that I should probably try. I really bought them for loading the boat when the weather gets cooler. They’re Hodgeman breathable boot foot so they should be fairly comfortable although they wont have the grip, support or cushion my other boots do. The creeks around here are mostly cobblestone and it's murder on the old feet.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.