FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Licenses and tags  (Read 2159 times)

myemmy

Licenses and tags
« on: Aug 31, 2020, 06:06 PM »
Did the online for licenses ,so today I get my tags , well most of them did not get with the batch my fishing ,habitat stamp,and marine license, oh and no dump. What gives?  Thanks, anyone else not happy

myemmy

Re: Licenses and tags
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2020, 06:07 PM »
Sorry dmp

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2020, 06:17 PM »
I bought my tags in person the first day they went on sale. Got both doe tags. It seemed like the new system ran fine when I got mine, but I know a bunch of people buying them online have had trouble.
Nice job findin em

reeleyz

« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2020, 06:27 PM »
I was gonna ask if I got a free dump pass.  :w00t:

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2020, 07:31 PM »
i bought my fishing license on line never again  it wouldn't print i called i was told go to any  agent and get a copy ( why did i do it on  line?)  i  go  and  i get charged another 5 dollars   for a lost license  ......  screw thier  on line  crap i'll just go to wal mart
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Sep 01, 2020, 03:33 AM »
When I bought my lifetime online, I also bought a replacement Drivers license that was supposed to show all the symbols for a full sportsman’s . Got it in the mail and it only showed fishing. I emailed the DEC and they said they would send me another corrected drivers license No charge. Got that one and it only shows fishing and big game. But they did send me a paper copy of my lifetime with everything on it. I just keep a copy on my phone.

But, I did end up with 3 drivers licenses.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Pequod1

« Reply #6 on: Sep 01, 2020, 05:55 AM »
I need three drivers licenses the way I Lise things!   I can’t trust the on line license thing.  Just go to the town hall or a store.  This way they are responsible if it is messed up.   
I was going to buy a lifetime a few years ago just before they increases the price but it did not mark out economically.  I was turning 70 soon after that and the cost went down to $5.

myemmy

« Reply #7 on: Sep 01, 2020, 06:48 AM »
Called local town clerk said the system wouldn’t, be up and running for 2/3 weeks, local Walmart  no licenses either

SeanP

• Formally known as SPN
« Reply #8 on: Sep 01, 2020, 09:14 AM »
It's been a couple weeks since i ordered mine online.....receipt shows everything i bought  but only gave me fishing and trapping to print my self.....

Our town clerk in still closed to the public!!

SeanP

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #9 on: Sep 01, 2020, 04:26 PM »
Went to our clerk today for license. He was on the phone the whole time I was there trying to get yet another one fixed.  He said it''s been a constant battle since license went on sale.  Lifetime holders are being asked for proof of residency and not receiving the necessary tags, random tags not being printed, and they can't adjust them and reprint.  It appears all the necessary info is in the system but it won't print everything as needed. I got lucky and everything I asked for printed as it should have.  He said that's the first in over a week. 
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

SeanP

• Formally known as SPN
« Reply #10 on: Sep 02, 2020, 02:09 PM »
I have the receipt that shows my DEC # and all the licenses, tags purchased.   I will carry all that if they never send the actual licenses and tags......

Have to love the incompetence of this state in just about everything they touch!!

SeanP

reeleyz

« Reply #11 on: Sep 02, 2020, 06:40 PM »
I applied for my for doe permits online and it was easy peasy.

reeleyz

« Reply #12 on: Sep 02, 2020, 06:43 PM »
Has anyone else had friends find interest in hunting this year with the situation we are in?

I have a co-worker and my sister in law both taking their hunter safety course right now. Maybe this can reverse the downward trend for a while.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Sep 03, 2020, 02:06 AM »
Do they take the course online or in classroom now?
I taught the course for many years. Used to do 6 a year. It got to where we couldn’t fill 1 class a year and I eventually gave it up.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #14 on: Sep 03, 2020, 03:41 AM »
Has anyone else had friends find interest in hunting this year with the situation we are in?

I have a co-worker and my sister in law both taking their hunter safety course right now. Maybe this can reverse the downward trend for a while.
I know of a number of people who have taken the course this year because it was offered online.  Doubt most of them will ever hunt but I suspect some will fill tags.
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.