FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ahh! - the one that got away=(  (Read 2123 times)

ieatanimals128

• Ha thats a minnow compared to the bass I catch
ahh! - the one that got away=(
« on: Jun 26, 2004, 10:36 PM »
I haven't posted for quite a while but i think i have a story worth telling. I went out to my family's camp yesterday to catch some bass. I caught a couple right off and preceded off to another spot. I casted my worm and watched the line go. I quickly set the hook and i knew it was huge. Next thing i know i see a 5lb+ largemouth shoot out of the water and it is taking off. I think the fish had me because it started to tow my paddleboat. Then my line snapped >:( >:(  :'( :'(. I was so mad i just had to sit there for 15 minutes and realize what just happened. It probably would have been the biggest fish of my life so far.I ended up catching 6 and breaking off two including the one mentioned above. I went out and bought all new line so this doesn't happen again. It was berkley Ironsilk and it failed me for the first time.

I also had pretty good luck at the basin and just below the dam at the lake auburn outlet. I ended up with 8 bass (most were small in the 7-8 inch range, but a couple were legal size, but i put them back as always) 7 yellow perch, 2 sunfish, 1 14' pickeral, and 1 nasty ugly 12' hornpout. Ick i hate hornpout! i brought it up onto my rock and unclipped my hook. I really did not want to touch that thing.

Hopefully i will get to keep going out, this rain and wind has kept me back. I think my dad and I are going to North pond tommorow and I will let you guys know how i do.
 I sure do love summer vacation!

Tight lines and best of luck to everyone!
Jason

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.