FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Caught a few head of crappie today  (Read 3527 times)

rivereddy

Caught a few head of crappie today
« on: Nov 04, 2019, 08:52 PM »
Sometimes a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do.  Wife has a friend who lives about an hour away from our place
Drove her up to visit said friend. had 90 minutes to fish.  Drove for 30, fished for 30, drove for 30 back to pick her up and head back home.  Hair jigs tipped w/ a small minnow fished 3 feet down carried the day. Crappie for dinner..........

fish on,

rivereddy

Teacherpreacher

Re: Caught a few head of crappie today
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2019, 07:57 AM »
Way to go ! I should of gone yesterday but started huge wood working project for Christmas presents and was on it all day. This morning looks good too!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

rivereddy

« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2019, 08:21 PM »
Seeing as how the weather is supposed to turn cold over the weekend I ran back up to Missy this afternoon.
Not much going on until late afternoon.  Got a few dinks and a couple of nice keepers. 1/64 oz minitube with
a crappie nibble 18" under a light casting float did the trick.  Saw several boats and a number of other bank fishers as well.

fish on,

rivereddy

rivereddy

« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2019, 08:16 PM »
I made a return trip up this afternoon.  the water was flat calm and fairly clear and the crappies hit like crazy'
not much for size  but at one time 4 fish on 4 casts.  same jig and crappie nibble set up

fish on,

rivereddy

Big Buck

« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2019, 05:38 PM »
Thanks for the update rivereddy!!!

rivereddy

« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2019, 09:18 PM »
I just had to take one last whack at it before the next cold spell sets in. 53 deg is rather warm for December 9 eh? I tried the local river using the same rig as before only set a little deeper (3') and a small hair jig instead of a tube. The fish were in the deeper slack water pools. This evening it was mostly bluegills and one smallie that came unbuttoned at the bank.  Only bad part was that my muck boots finally died. The sole delaminated from the neoprene...

fish on,  fish off

rivereddy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.