FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Smoke It If You've Got It!  (Read 147266 times)

Doubles Shooter

Re: Smoke It If You've Got It!
« Reply #420 on: Aug 16, 2019, 06:36 AM »
Well, the power problem at camp still exists. However, I'm still going to try smoking a few racks of ribs Saturday for a farewell dinner for our good friends and camp neighbors who are moving to Arizona on Monday. I'm bringing my generator up to power the smoker. Maybe if enough neighbors complain to the owner, he might try to fix the $%%^#$@ problem. It will be a huge pain to move camper and deck to another campground, but enough is enough. End of rant.
Anyway, I hope to have some pictures up later of the goodies.

Dacker, I missed your post with the peppers. They look great. I've got to find some cherry peppers to use. My Grandmother used to stuff them with ham and cheddar cheese and can them in oil. I'm thinking they would be great bacon wrapped and smoked.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #421 on: Aug 16, 2019, 06:48 AM »
Thanks DS.
Gonna do more in a couple weeks when the in laws are here.
Still have a lot of peppers in the garden..
I blended up the sausage , cream cheese and other cheeses and put them in my jerky gun to fill them. Works good on the long hots...   ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Mac Attack

« Reply #422 on: Aug 16, 2019, 07:15 AM »
Well, the power problem at camp still exists. However, I'm still going to try smoking a few racks of ribs Saturday for a farewell dinner for our good friends and camp neighbors who are moving to Arizona on Monday. I'm bringing my generator up to power the smoker. Maybe if enough neighbors complain to the owner, he might try to fix the $%%^#$@ problem. It will be a huge pain to move camper and deck to another campground, but enough is enough. End of rant.
Anyway, I hope to have some pictures up later of the goodies.

Dacker, I missed your post with the peppers. They look great. I've got to find some cherry peppers to use. My Grandmother used to stuff them with ham and cheddar cheese and can them in oil. I'm thinking they would be great bacon wrapped and smoked.

We have been dealing with power issues at our place on Erie for a few years now.
Lost a neutral leg last year which shoved higher than 120 VAC into a lot of appliances.
Long story short, a lot of people's fridges, tv's, AC units, hot water tanks, microwaves, etc. fried.
The owner covered us all for the replacement costs.
One place even had a small electrical fire.
This year on the 4th it all came to a head and the owner hired a qualified electric company.
The company that does the Erie County Fairgrounds.
So this Fall, after the place shuts down for the winter months, they will be digging up all of the old substandard service and replacing it with new.
So I feel your pain.
Good luck.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #423 on: Aug 17, 2019, 03:23 PM »
Fingers are crossed. So far so good. Its a cool day here so nobody at camp is running AC. Voltages are running 115 give or take a 10 volt drop occasionally. I do have my generator on standby.
I St Louis trimmed three racks of ribs.

Rubbed and ready. I'm experimenting with a new flavor combo with some of the trim for future smokes.

Didn't get any pics before I foiled them, it's pouring here in Springwater. Hopefully there will be some after pics soon. Getting ready to throw some venison nuggets in the smoker now.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #424 on: Aug 17, 2019, 06:51 PM »
Well, it worked. The ribs took longer than planned due to the power problems. I didn't bother with the generator. I got a perfect clean bite off the bone tender. I used a mix of my Texas rub and my sweet pork rub. When I took them out of the foil, I painted them with a hot banana pepper mustard. It doesn't taste like mustard. It has a sweet medium hot pepper flavor. Finally for the last half hour I used a 50/50 mix of bbq sauce and real maple syrup.
I even got my first " Oh my God, that's good" from my wife who isn't into smoked stuff.

I did the venison nuggets with Texas style rub then gave them a heavy coat of maple syrup. Sorry no pics. Darn rain.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #425 on: Aug 17, 2019, 07:06 PM »
Here's a challenge.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #426 on: Aug 18, 2019, 06:15 AM »
Ribs and nuggets look great DS..   :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #427 on: Aug 18, 2019, 08:13 AM »
Looks delicious!
I'm still without a smoker. Can't bring myself to put any money into the Masterbuilt. I got it "scratch and dent" for $60. I suppose I could use the cabinet for cold smoking with my Amazin smoke tube but I'm more inclined to take it to the dump.

Got my eye on a Pit Boss 820 for the spring ( might even find a super deal at the Lowes where I work). I can wait.

I have my Weber and my Cuisinart griddle to play with in the mean time.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishinjohn

« Reply #428 on: Aug 18, 2019, 09:46 AM »
I smoked up 50lbs of cheddar pepperstix last night.. today I think I'm gonna smoke some chunked up venison with a rub and some pepper butter(relish) on top

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #429 on: Aug 18, 2019, 06:45 PM »
50 pounds..  NICE.... ;D
Grilling and chillin day..

fishinjohn

« Reply #430 on: Aug 18, 2019, 07:15 PM »
50 pounds..  NICE.... ;D
Grilling and chillin day..

Looks greeeat

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #431 on: Aug 19, 2019, 07:51 AM »
Thanks John.
My zucchini is just coming on and picked that one and grilled it. Got lots more coming on... 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #432 on: Aug 26, 2019, 07:12 AM »
Had a nice family cookout yesterday. Did slider burgers on the Cuisinart. Everyone loved them.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #433 on: Aug 26, 2019, 10:15 AM »
Freshly caught and smoked Bonito fillets over peach wood. YUMMY!

Wicked Wec

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #434 on: Aug 26, 2019, 11:58 AM »
Looks incredible......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.