FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Grey reef report and any reports on Glendo ice?  (Read 2359 times)

1morefish

Grey reef report and any reports on Glendo ice?
« on: Mar 10, 2008, 11:54 AM »

This is my first post here, I am BSTIME on iceshanty. Im going nuts waiting for open open water at Glendo so I went to see if I could get a couple sewer trout on the fly rod. Went to Grey Reef for awhile yesterday. What a Zoo! A virtual traffic jam of drift boats and all the good holes were packed. Not my style.  Now I remember why I usually only go there during the week. Nice day though. Went down to the end to get away from the crowds. Caught two fish in about an hour and worked with my pup on retrieving. Our border collie has decided he is a hunting dog, was swimming the whole river competing with my lab for retrieves. He has a great nose and likes to chase grouse, I think that we are going to take him pheasant hunting next season. Water was nice and clear and moss free, nice fishing conditions.  Im ready to get the boat out on Glendo and look for those prespawn eyes. I heard second hand that the ice is off of Alcova. Any confirmation? How about Glendo ice conditions?

fishlord

• http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii165/rbfishlor
Re: Grey reef report and any reports on Glendo ice?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2008, 12:44 PM »
that is a fersure negative on alcova,pathfinder.I was just out there saturday hoping to find open water to drown a worm or throw a spinner and found 0 open water.It had a good 6" of snow on also so it may be a week or 2 before its fishable.so the wife and I ended up fishing at the sunset and caught a couple browns.LOL
Later   Randy
Birdman

1morefish

« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2008, 05:20 PM »
Lol.
If all else fails you always catch something at the Sunset. Usually a good sized buzz.

gray goose

« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2008, 06:53 PM »
drove around glendo today, there is some open water on the south end . bennett boat ramp is open and across to sandy. the west end of airport is open and there are sevral hole here and there. another week of warm weather should get rid of most of it wind wind wind

1morefish

« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2008, 10:23 AM »
Never thought I'd say it, but come on wind. Supposed to be 50/50 today in Casper. (50 deg./50mph)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.