FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mr. Survival Jacket where are you?  (Read 2269 times)

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
Mr. Survival Jacket where are you?
« on: Aug 20, 2004, 04:44 AM »
Well considering I woke up to one hell of a frost this morning it is time to hunt for Mr. Longjohn and Mr. Survival jacket. We have had a record cold summer. Farmers are in trouble and hey last night I saw a duck with little ones. Is this normal for this time of the year in manitoba???? Anyway where is everyone going this weekend?
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

grumpymoe

Re: Mr. Survival Jacket where are you?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2004, 07:22 AM »
hey big guy.....posted frost before i read yours...i know you're up and at it a couple hours before me...so it hit minnedosa too!!! looks like quite a large area got nailed...not good for crops that haven't finished filling out yet.....bad....grump :o

buzzbomb

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2004, 08:57 AM »
My friend living just south of Regina told me yesterday that he's got a Robin with a nest full of eggs near his house.  That's just wrong!  There may be complications from the strange weather we haven't thought of yet.

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2004, 01:42 PM »
Guys,  Watched a special on our recent change in weather patterns.  Kinda interesting!  We're having record warm temps in interior Alaska, and it continues into August??  Our normal pattern is warm temps, (70-85 degrees F), from May to mid July.  Well that's out the window this year, do to a shift in the Japanese current and other lesser known to Barleydog weather patterns.  According to these folks, the Plains and Mountain states and Canadian provinces were affected in reverse, (colder weather early and late summer?)  I buy into that whole El Nino factor only so much, what say you all? ??? ??? 
We have 80 degree highs this weekend when it's supposed to be 50 and raining?  Mother Nature is a cruel woman, who's in dire need of a man!

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2004, 07:32 PM »
  Mother Nature is a cruel woman, who's in dire need of a man!

Barleydog,  these kind of commentsinvite thread hijacking!!! :D  The weather seems to be really strange,  but what are we to do but sit back nad watch the show.  Just think,  if the weather was like Minnesota weather (perfect) all over the world,  it would be boring.

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2004, 01:47 PM »
Just think,  if the weather was like Minnesota weather (perfect) all over the world,  it would be boring.

Now Mike I can't resist!  ;)   "IF" the weather in Minnesota was so perfect, please explain why Minnesotains built a domed stadium to play football AND baseball in?  Either you folks like to play indoors 12 months out of the year, or your skin isn't as thick as those, (get ready), "Cheeseheads" to the east of you?  (Considering they have pretty much the same winter temps as you.) ;D ;D  There used to be a time when Minnesotains were tough, now I have my doubts?  You may be an oddity in your own state! :D

As for watching the show that this evil woman has givin' to us, no way!  She may be in need of a good dating service or at least a one nighter with the likes of Father Time or even the Sandman!     

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Aug 22, 2004, 08:41 PM »
Barley,
     It is quite easy to explain.  The dome was the results of politicians making decisions for the people and not the people.  W/O the Dome,  MN could never host a Super Bowl,  too cold for the rest of the country to visit.  The Dome has also been host to college Basketball tourneys.  AND they are very high paid professional athletes,  they can't get cold!!!  :P

missfishylicious

• smile it makes them wonder what your up to
« Reply #7 on: Aug 23, 2004, 05:09 PM »
My friend living just south of Regina told me yesterday that he's got a Robin with a nest full of eggs near his house.  That's just wrong!  There may be complications from the strange weather we haven't thought of yet.

the robin under my canoe is on her third nest .they continue to nest all summer if theres good food and we know a whole lot of worms must be drowning this year  ;D
I have no opinion on the subject .....yeah right

buzzbomb

« Reply #8 on: Aug 25, 2004, 09:00 AM »
 If the weather improves they've got a chance, but we don't see eggs  in nests here this late as a rule. It's frozen once already at night and it's certainly not unheard of for us to get an early snow before the end of Sept.  Robin chicks fledge out in a couple of weeks, but are dependant on their parents for about a month so these guys better plan on taking the bus south. ;D   My friend will be keeping an eye on them so I can give you an update if they hatch.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #9 on: Aug 28, 2004, 04:55 PM »
we hit the mid 90's today with the humidity it was a horrible day for icefisherman.however im gonna bet that it turns on the striperbite and im gonna go out tonight for a 10:15 high tide and see if i cant hook into some large striped cows
Scotty 

missfishylicious

• smile it makes them wonder what your up to
« Reply #10 on: Aug 29, 2004, 07:57 AM »
don't forget to take pictures
I have no opinion on the subject .....yeah right

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.