FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: crappies  (Read 8694 times)

The Fishin Frenzy

• Big Fish Fear The Frenzy
crappies
« on: Apr 17, 2004, 08:52 AM »
headed to the honey hole . :o
Big Fish fear the frenzy

reubenpa

Re: crappies
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2004, 08:53 AM »
witch one!!!!????????    ;D ;D ;D ;D
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

reubenpa

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2004, 08:57 AM »
lucky bum, I don't know where one is around here that I can fish in!!!! Enjoy yourself!!!

Panhandler

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2004, 10:34 AM »
Lets find out were he lives ,and follow him 8) 8)

reubenpa

« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2004, 12:04 PM »
now theres a good idea, but I don't know where he is from... were do you live  frenzy?

reubenpa

« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2004, 03:33 PM »
lucky bum, I have only gotten 3 crappies worth keeping this year.  I bunch of little ones !! Congrats, have fun!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Digjiggin

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2004, 07:24 AM »
I have always been one to share but after my last trip I understand why people won't share info about were the crappies (fish) are biting. Last Saturday I got into the crappie - I was the first one to start. I had about 5 fish and the next thing I knew I had two guys on both sides of me. Most time I don't get that close to my wife. I kept my cool and tried nicely to say things that would help these guys to understand that I was not pleased. One guy did apologize and moved on but no sooner did he move and another guy came in. Please understand that I was casting into a whole between trees on the shore and one in the water. It was difficult for 1 guy to cast into this hole but 3? I had no problem with the guys that moved in on the other sides of the tree but lets be reasonable out there. I love catchin and eatin fish but I am a sportsman first. I ended up keepin 12 good crappies but these guys ended up keepin more then me. I do not care if I am getting skunked I would never move in on someones hot spot (unless invited of course). Sorry I just have been burning about this and needed to unload. This was not directed at the guys on this post, just the crappie topic.  ;D

reubenpa

« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2004, 11:34 AM »
go ahead and unload!!! it is good for you!!! I don't post because I have only caught 3 legal ones this year and they were at the west river near Naples!!!!  One thing I hate.... that is besides people moving in beside you... is when people talk about you moving in when I go to a spot that a guy is fishing in a stream and fish in a completely different spot.  I was about 10 feet from th guy and couldn't fish my spot from any farther away and we were casting in different directions but the guy across the stream was talking about how he hated when people moved in on you...  I was fishing away from him....

Digjiggin

« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2004, 06:47 AM »
Reubenpa, please don't get me wrong - like I said I don't mind sharing but the guy on the right left me about a foot to cast down the one side of the tree and the guy on the left maybe two or three. I personally like it when people fish by me as it gives me someone to talk with but within reason. Anyway I am better now that I unloaded. If you live near Oneida I am gonna try and hit that spot this week after work and would I would be willing to share. Can't promise someone won't be there or that crappies are biting. That is the best I ever did in this spot.

JackMagnum

« Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2004, 11:10 AM »
Jiggin,
          I know exactly what your talking about with guys fishing out of your back pocket.I have special spots that I like to fish but if someone is there before me I go else where.Last summer I was anchored and catching a few fish when this guy saw me he anchored within 15' upwind.When he started throwing garbage overboard and pi--sing off the side I said hey,Your so close I feel like I am at Niagara Falls.His reply was two words and they weren't happy birthday!!!I ended up saying if you want this spot that bad have at it.
                                                                                                              Jack

reubenpa

« Reply #10 on: Apr 19, 2004, 05:04 PM »
I understand jiggin, I was just adding my complaint!!!!

Digjiggin

« Reply #11 on: Apr 19, 2004, 08:20 PM »
reuben I hear ya, it goes the other way too with people thinking they own the water. I am sorry, I did not mean to turn this into a negative post. That same day there were probably 10 to 15 people fishing with in chatting distance and we were having a great time fishing and joking. Catching 12 fish and having a good time with these people was definitely worth the trouble I got in for coming home about 4 hrs late. I guess I am just saying lets try to be reasonable and that goes for not thinking we own all the water too. Jack, as far as the guy throwing garbage in the water; he does not deserve to have fishing rights at all.

bigdave1018

« Reply #12 on: Apr 20, 2004, 04:54 AM »
its like 1 bad apple or 1 half crawler,1 or 2 bad so called anglers can spoil it for the whole bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. i will never post another local hot spot again. i posted 1 and that very next day, by 6 am there was 6 trucks there that had never fished that area b4!!!!!!!. screw that crap!!!!!!!!!

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #13 on: Apr 21, 2004, 07:56 AM »
Back to crappies....we got some HUGE crappies last night...minnows on a plain hook in 4 feet of water 3 feet down.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #14 on: Apr 21, 2004, 10:51 AM »
Are we talking 16" + here?

Yupper.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.