FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bullhead Thread In Species Area  (Read 7180 times)

reubenpa

Re: Bullhead Thread In Species Area
« Reply #15 on: Mar 12, 2004, 08:15 PM »
I got about 12 dozen crawlers last friday night, and about 3 doz last night!!!!!   I wanna try it, where should I go
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

deerslayer92163

« Reply #16 on: Mar 12, 2004, 09:19 PM »
go south if you cast right now your hooks going to land on the ice

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #17 on: Mar 12, 2004, 11:25 PM »
I would think ice out and a nice warm rain would do the trick. I have picked Crawlers in Jan before, from a patch of grass with snow all around. (Not in the last two years though). There was just enough warm rain to get em going. Don't think I would have believed it if I hadn't caught them myself.

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

can_of_worms

« Reply #18 on: Mar 13, 2004, 06:31 AM »
Reubenpa, I think the earliest place I"ve seen guys going for bullhead is the boat launch in woodville South end of Canandaigua. I have seen them catching fish while I was looking for smelt. You can pull your car/truck right up to the edge and fish from the warm.

mattmull10

« Reply #19 on: Mar 14, 2004, 08:43 PM »
If you can find open water the bullhead will bite now.  Lake inlet possibly could be a good spot.  Bullhead bite all year round but the best bite is in the warmer weather.  We normally start bullheading first week in April or so up in the North Country.  But then again we dont always focus on catching fish.  Just having a good time.  Its like an ealier post freinds are the key to bullheading success

bigdave1018

« Reply #20 on: Mar 18, 2004, 07:15 AM »
i can remember 1 night up at my fav bullhead spot, its on lk ontario in north wolcott. my buddy and i walked down through the woods 2 get there. we came up on the stream and all we could here was splashing. running up this stream that we could jump across were 100s of bullheads . i had my net with me because there are trout around at that time, and 2 scoops and 5 mins later we were done. 2 pail fulls in 5 mins its a night i wont soon forget. the walk back sucked but hey it was well worth it. ive fished that stream since that night and have never hit it like we did, it was crazy.

Polar

« Reply #21 on: Mar 18, 2004, 01:37 PM »
I love to fish for them. Anyone ever wants to go drop me a line I'll take you to one of my favorite spots. I live in WNY.

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #22 on: Mar 18, 2004, 11:08 PM »
Check out the new Bullhead section in the species area. Go check it out.

(But keep up the good conversation going on when, where and how for here in NY State).   :)

Scott and RG,
Thanks!
-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.