FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big water perch....  (Read 14875 times)

Spencerville

Re: Big water perch....
« Reply #15 on: Jul 06, 2020, 10:59 PM »
Alot of good info... maybe by Wednesday I'll be able to go.... been using the trolling motor pointed in the wave direction to slow the drift and seemed to help me last year when the bite was slow. I'd I make it up I'll give a report.

RoeBoat

« Reply #16 on: Jul 07, 2020, 12:06 AM »
Good luck!  Will I get my boat in the water is the question.?!

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #17 on: Jul 07, 2020, 10:37 AM »
I値l be chasing them tomorrow,any one else

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #18 on: Jul 07, 2020, 10:40 AM »
Just read marine forecast ,will the high water temp in Michigan city hamper the bite

1eyechaser

« Reply #19 on: Jul 07, 2020, 01:12 PM »
Nope, they're anywhere from 12-25 fow

staubsaugen

« Reply #20 on: Jul 07, 2020, 01:25 PM »
I plan to be out tomorrow for a bit. Anyone use steelhead eggs to target perch, either tied in bags or skein? Asking because I have plenty of it...

Spencerville

« Reply #21 on: Jul 07, 2020, 03:57 PM »
Good luck!  Will I get my boat in the water is the question.?!

Idk... you've had it long enough...lol

Spencerville

« Reply #22 on: Jul 07, 2020, 07:06 PM »
I値l be chasing them tomorrow,any one else

I'm on the fence... wanting to make the trip but its 2.5 hr drive...anyone hear any reports for today? Was hoping a couple of lower pressure days would get things going.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #23 on: Jul 07, 2020, 07:52 PM »
I致e never done to good when the water temp is as high as it is right now ,I知 holding off untill Thursday and see if the south wind blow will bring in cooler water

Spooled85

« Reply #24 on: Jul 07, 2020, 07:56 PM »
Get after it , you guys that are waiting on temps are missing out ! All it takes is a big north blow and it doe for days or more I know guys that was out today and pounded the big ones !! I wish I could get out but unfortunately for me it will be mid next week and the following weekend for me

MC_angler

« Reply #25 on: Jul 07, 2020, 08:57 PM »
Get after it , you guys that are waiting on temps are missing out ! All it takes is a big north blow and it doe for days or more I know guys that was out today and pounded the big ones !! I wish I could get out but unfortunately for me it will be mid next week and the following weekend for me

For sure. The temps are high on the surface but there is lots of cool water that is pretty shallow. And the thermocline in relatively shallow water means all the perch are crammed into a relatively narrow depth band

And that means its EASY to find them. Which means awesome fishing!

MC_angler

« Reply #26 on: Jul 07, 2020, 08:59 PM »
I致e never done to good when the water temp is as high as it is right now ,I知 holding off untill Thursday and see if the south wind blow will bring in cooler water

Don't wait, they are killing them! The current weather pattern is fantastic and if you wait for it to change the bite could die

I heard of 4 person limits yesterday and 1 or 2 hours to hit multiple limits this morning out of Portage

LundProv

« Reply #27 on: Jul 07, 2020, 09:57 PM »
My son went up to New Buffalo Monday evening after work and got two limits and was home before dark cleaning perch in the garage.  Pretty quick action off New Buffalo with a more generous limit...  I fried a batch the other night on the side burner of the grill and was once again amazed at just how easy this was and just how good they tasted...

fishcrazy

« Reply #28 on: Jul 07, 2020, 10:10 PM »
Best fish on the planet .

fishcrazy

« Reply #29 on: Jul 07, 2020, 10:12 PM »
I知 headed for the Rockies. You gents feel free to catch my share while I知 gone. Good luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.