FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big water perch....  (Read 14892 times)

PEARCHEYES

Re: Big water perch....
« Reply #90 on: Aug 20, 2020, 05:26 PM »
Heading up tomorrow ,hope they’re hungry

abishop

« Reply #91 on: Aug 20, 2020, 05:45 PM »
Good luck let us know. ty

LundProv

« Reply #92 on: Aug 20, 2020, 08:54 PM »
abish - I have heard no news on the big lake - I appreciate you pursuing this topic and will contribute what I hear or experience...

Spencerville

« Reply #93 on: Aug 20, 2020, 09:06 PM »
I've been watching winds and havent even thought about going up.  Hope you find some... off Saturday through Wednesday....maybe if the winds are right I'll give it a shot.... looks like favorable winds for a bit....hmmm

Spooled85

« Reply #94 on: Aug 21, 2020, 06:15 AM »
I've been watching winds and havent even thought about going up.  Hope you find some... off Saturday through Wednesday....maybe if the winds are right I'll give it a shot.... looks like favorable winds for a bit....hmmm

I'm with Spencer , it's been a southwind for the last two days and supposed to be Saturday and Sunday as well if I am off work I will be out there Saturday as well

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #95 on: Aug 21, 2020, 01:47 PM »
Well the south to southwest wind blow didn’t bring any perch to my boat today.I only marked one decent pod in 35 ft of water and no biters.Stoped and talked to most of the boats that were out and same story.Most of the boats were in front of blacks ditch .It will probably turn on tomorrow when I can’t go.Perch are the@&&@&& child of panfish,here today gone for a week !!!!!!!!!

Spencerville

« Reply #96 on: Aug 22, 2020, 04:00 AM »
Well the south to southwest wind blow didn’t bring any perch to my boat today.I only marked one decent pod in 35 ft of water and no biters.Stoped and talked to most of the boats that were out and same story.Most of the boats were in front of blacks ditch .It will probably turn on
tomorrow when I can’t go.Perch are
the@&&@&& child of panfish,here today
gone for a week !!!!!!!!!

Maybe the next to days will help stabilize them...

abishop

« Reply #97 on: Aug 22, 2020, 01:46 PM »
Haven't heard any reports that were promising, so went after gills. Kept 23 nice ones largest was 10 1/2.

Spencerville

« Reply #98 on: Aug 22, 2020, 02:39 PM »
Haven't heard any reports that were promising, so went after gills. Kept 23 nice ones largest was 10 1/2.

Nothing wrong with gills...especially 10+!!!

wallin

« Reply #99 on: Aug 23, 2020, 11:43 PM »
Not even a bad report?
Wallin

abishop

« Reply #100 on: Aug 24, 2020, 05:25 AM »
Not even a bad report?
Oh yeah, a few that were BAD. Might try and squeeze a Friday morning trip after I get off. If the weather holds true. Hope that the gold will come back by then cause north winds are forecast for Saturday.

Spooled85

« Reply #101 on: Aug 24, 2020, 08:59 AM »
I never did make it had to work. But didn't hear good reports

LundProv

« Reply #102 on: Aug 24, 2020, 10:01 PM »
Heard through the grapevine that a friend and his family went out Sunday evening in front of Michigan City to search for perch.  They kept 25 perch and threw back several smaller fish.  The only detail I heard was they fished just out front as they exited Trail Creek.  I did not hear depth and as we know, this can change daily.  So, with the hot, stable weather this week, let's get out and give it a try.  I also heard things were productive in front of New Buffalo, Michigan.  Enjoy...

abishop

« Reply #103 on: Aug 25, 2020, 04:21 PM »
I hope the reports keep coming and the weather stays stable. If so, I will go Friday morning after I get off.

RoeBoat

« Reply #104 on: Aug 25, 2020, 11:02 PM »
crazy, sounds like Erie has been better than MI!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.