FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A good morning at Flint...  (Read 1017 times)

LundProv

A good morning at Flint...
« on: Aug 27, 2020, 09:02 PM »
Was fortunate to have a free morning... Woke about 4:45 and headed to Flint on the north side of Valparaiso.  I launched about 5:45 as light was appearing and began trolling at 1.2 mph with 1/16th oz jigs/twister tails.  I know this lake a bit and tried trolling 8-11' of water with little production.  I thought to shallow up a bit and trolled 4-7' of water at the same speed.  I picked up a fair amount of weeds/lake debris and increased the speed a bit.  I use a hand held counter and before I knew it, I had a limit of crappies.  Now, these were not world class crappies but average Indiana 8-12" fish with plenty of spunk.  I was off the water at about 8:30 AM and headed home.  Just another beautiful morning to be out in the wind with the waves and a bunch of cooperative fish... 

zwiggles

Re: A good morning at Flint...
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2020, 11:06 PM »
That sounds like a good morning in the books, and some good eats in your near future!

Teacherpreacher

Re: A good morning at Flint...
« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2020, 09:42 AM »
Sounds like a good morning to me! Great that you got out! My buddy and I use to night fish through the ice straight off boat ramp about 30 yards out. Caught a lot of nice crappies. Caught a 16" crappie through the ice  one day there. Only fish I caught all day and let it swim. Couple of guys had a fit because I didn't mount it! ::) ::) ::)
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.