FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Michigan Perch...  (Read 2337 times)

LundProv

Lake Michigan Perch...
« on: Sep 24, 2020, 07:58 PM »
Good evening...  I have not personally been out chasing perch for the past few weeks on Lake Michigan.  I have heard reliable good reports of limits of perch being caught in 30'+ of water out in front of Michigan City.  I was torn with a choice today to either go out and see if this is true or to swing by and pick up my 6 year old, 4 year old and 1 year old grandkids and take them out to the Dunes State park to play on the shore at the waters edge.  We went to the beach...  Please - get out there and give it a try...

abishop

Re: Lake Michigan Perch...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2020, 09:10 PM »
That would be good news. Hope someone can verify. Wife has me doing honey-does again tomorrow, so, I had to cancel tomorrows fishing party. If anyone makes it out tomorrow and gets some please share. Would like to get out Saturday for some gold...

Spooled85

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2020, 05:59 AM »
I heard yesterday that two guys got there 30 perch out of Michigan City in 3 hours . I'd like to give it a try but have other plans this weekend

MC_angler

« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2020, 07:32 AM »
Yes, perch have been great the past few days. Get out there before the weather change hits. Fri/Sat might be the last hurrah for boat perch unless we get some nice stable weather later in Oct/Nov

Michigan City from Black Ditch up north to the state line has lots of fish earlier this week, likely still there since the weather hasn't changed

abishop

« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2020, 04:58 AM »
Heading out to trail creek here in a bit. Going to take my buddies boat. He always seems to have a problem getting to slow troll. He has a 24 volt system and it just doesn't go slow enough for my likings. He has been laid up for almost a year and he wants to take his boat because it is more comfortable for him. Hope we put some in the boat. It will be a challenge. Report what we do. Be in a white scout, with stogie. Stop by and say hey.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2020, 09:28 AM »
I was second guessing myself to take the new boat up,and find some perch. i was wondering with the stable weather if they would be around😡was ther any size to them not that it would matter perch are perch to me.Ive been trying to find some on wawasee but water has to cool off some more.Only get a keeper here and there

abishop

« Reply #6 on: Sep 26, 2020, 05:37 PM »
Had a tough time battling the wind today. Kept 13 fish all between 9 and 11. Good eaters. The electric motor wasn't working properly so we had to use a drift sock. IMHO we were still drifting way to fast. Nice to get out. Did get a meal so all in all it was a good day. Many boats out. Not sure how everyone was doing cause we stayed away from the crowds. Best depth was 38-43. Small craft advisory in affect. Might put a hurt on them. Dont have to work till Tuesday so with any luck might get 1 last outing for the gold. Time will tell.

LundProv

« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2020, 08:09 PM »
Good for you abish and everyone who got out.  I stayed home but son got limits both Friday night and early Saturday AM in that same location north of Michigan City.

abishop

« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2020, 11:15 AM »
Anyone make it out today???

RoeBoat

« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2020, 04:53 PM »
Heard a report of a boat getting a limit in 45 minutes out of MC, could only use one rod. 

I'd like to try next weekend,  so I'm sure it will be all screwed up by then!

abishop

« Reply #10 on: Oct 08, 2020, 11:26 AM »
Has anyone been lately? Thinking about giving it a try on Saturday. Haven't been out in a couple weeks, Anyone else planning on going? The weather looks to be good. Don't know how many more weekends will be ok. Thanks

abishop

« Reply #11 on: Oct 09, 2020, 05:21 PM »
With small craft advisory in affect, think I will cut the grass today.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.