FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bait Shop near Clear Lake Stueben County  (Read 2496 times)

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
Bait Shop near Clear Lake Stueben County
« on: Jun 05, 2017, 07:13 PM »
Heading to Clear want to know if there is a bait shop near there.

taxid

Re: Bait Shop near Clear Lake Stueben County
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2017, 11:20 PM »
Closest one I know of is Tri-State on 127 west of Clear and Fremont. Just south of the Outlet Mall.

There used to be one on 120 before you get to Clear and Fremont but not sure if it's still there.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

hounds

« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2017, 05:14 AM »
Thanks Taxid.

indianahooker

« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2017, 07:18 PM »
you must have heard the huge gills and perch are biting there.  its been going on the last 3-4 weeks. i bet i heard it from 8 different people in the last 2 weeks.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2017, 06:25 AM »
you must have heard the huge gills and perch are biting there.  its been going on the last 3-4 weeks. i bet i heard it from 8 different people in the last 2 weeks.

IMHO Clear has the largest bluegills in the state. Sure wish there was a limit of 25 though. Some people don't know when to quit.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

indianahooker

« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2017, 08:08 AM »
i agree with that taxi.  its gotten really bad the last few years with this internet blab too.  probably have to get there an hour before daylight to get a parking spot.  then again, the walleye guys mite already have it filled up. lol   

hounds

« Reply #6 on: Jun 12, 2017, 06:03 PM »
I was fishing for Walleyes, was way too windy on that tuesday, but did manage a Pike and a Smallmouth.  Liked the lake though.

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Jun 12, 2017, 08:51 PM »
I was fishing for Walleyes, was way too windy on that tuesday, but did manage a Pike and a Smallmouth.  Liked the lake though.

It has quality fish but can be a tough at times. Lots of smallmouth in the lake and a few of the pike are real bruisers.

Too bad the INDNR no longer stocks trout. The lake produced some incredible holdover rainbow and brown trout. I still say it could be the fact that they are using triploids, which have fewer and larger red blood cells, therefore are less tolerate of marginal but productive coldwater water quality. (Due to an extra set of chromosomes). I think diploid (normal chromosomes) browns would probably be tough enough to handle Clear.

Back when NEITA planted browns I mounted a 10 pounder from the lake.

dakota

« Reply #8 on: Jun 12, 2017, 09:48 PM »
IMHO Clear has the largest bluegills in the state. Sure wish there was a limit of 25 though. Some people don't know when to quit.
The same with takin them off the beds, some people can only catch them then and don't know when to quit

hounds

« Reply #9 on: Jun 14, 2017, 08:49 AM »
It's not just that................. we need to let people know that they should put the large males back, and keep the larger females or the medium sized gills to help grow the size of the gills in the lake..................Very few people know or understand this.   That's where the government experts should step in setting a type of slot limit.

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Jun 14, 2017, 04:26 PM »
It's not just that................. we need to let people know that they should put the large males back, and keep the larger females or the medium sized gills to help grow the size of the gills in the lake..................Very few people know or understand this.   That's where the government experts should step in setting a type of slot limit.

Something fishy happened with the last round of rules change proposals. (Pun intended). It looked like we were going to get the 25 fish limit but it just didn't happen. Seemed to be a lot of people for it.

hounds

« Reply #11 on: Jun 15, 2017, 02:23 PM »
I know Michigan has a Bass Season as well as a daily limit.....is this better or worse than what we have here in Indiana for the size of the bass caught?

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Jun 22, 2017, 05:16 PM »
I know Michigan has a Bass Season as well as a daily limit.....is this better or worse than what we have here in Indiana for the size of the bass caught?

I haven't fished Michigan for years so I can't honestly say and compare. And I'm hesitant to pay their exorbitant non resident license fee. Anymore the biggest bass I get in as a taxidermist come from private waters. Seems anything over 6 lbs. comes from private lakes and ponds.  Don't know for sure why, but there could be a lot of reasons as in many anglers frown on keeping bass, the bass get tougher to catch with all the pressure etc. I know from personal experience rearing bass in a private pond they do get conditioned to avoid certain baits. I.e. I could catch then on a spinner bait once or twice and then they refused to hit it anymore.

Was on vacation in another state and had to chuckle at the people targeting bass in their expensive boats on lakes that suck for bass. I saw them all doing the same patterns over an over as in pounding the  shoreline all the way around the lake as if they were the first ones to do it. On one lake I was catching bass out in the middle fishing for panfish as the deepest water I could find was 6 feet.

Does Michigan still allow catch and release when the bass are bedding?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.