FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512929 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3255 on: Mar 06, 2020, 02:35 PM »
Wow! You guys are in High gear!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3256 on: Mar 06, 2020, 02:58 PM »
That is a pretty cool machine. Wish we had a small place for a raised bed.

You only need a 4' by 8' spot. Or just some big plastic pots..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3257 on: Mar 06, 2020, 02:59 PM »
Wow! You guys are in High gear!

Rg

And thats only the beginning..  Next week is going to be really busy..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3258 on: Mar 06, 2020, 03:01 PM »
And thats only one greenhouse... 8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3259 on: Mar 06, 2020, 03:09 PM »
Rock and roll!
Picked up my seeds for the herb garden today. 4 kinds of basil, oregano, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme......seems I remember a bad song about that.
rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3260 on: Mar 13, 2020, 01:48 PM »
Some patio tomatoes planted..

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3261 on: Mar 13, 2020, 01:53 PM »
And lots of other stuff..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3262 on: Mar 13, 2020, 05:48 PM »
Wish I could work for you Dom.looks very satisfying.

Rg

Badbrad2186

« Reply #3263 on: Mar 13, 2020, 06:40 PM »
I've already been through the garden with the tiller 3 times in last 2 weeks will continue to til once or twice a week til planting time

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3264 on: Mar 13, 2020, 06:53 PM »
I've already been through the garden with the tiller 3 times in last 2 weeks will continue to til once or twice a week til planting time

Worst thing for your soil is to till or step in it..   Just saying..

zwiggles

« Reply #3265 on: Mar 13, 2020, 06:54 PM »

RD beat me to it. Till as little as possible, keep your foot traffic to a minimum, and let the good stuff grow.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3266 on: Mar 13, 2020, 07:00 PM »
4 by 8 foot raised beds is the way to go.... 8)

Badbrad2186

« Reply #3267 on: Mar 13, 2020, 07:04 PM »
  Worst thing for your soil is to till or step in it..   Just saying..

Well what I have been doing for last 8 years is working. I have more produce than 1 family can eat and these is 6 if us. I'll send ya pictures once everything is established and growing well

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #3268 on: Mar 13, 2020, 10:25 PM »
I'm going to try potatoes in containers this year. I've tried the potato towers in the past with moderate success. I picked up a bunch of 30 gallon plastic drums for free at a recycling center today. Hopefully it works out.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3269 on: Mar 14, 2020, 10:39 AM »
I've done potatoes in my beds the last 3 years with great success. Tried some in bags last year and they didn't do near as well as the beds did. I'm thinking of giving a couple towers a shot this year.

I was drawing out my gardens this morning. I'm making a couple changes to the U shaped beds. Gonna take out the part at the ends that connects the two beds. I've been frustrated trying to get to the corners. Too far away to deal with. I'll end up with 6- 2x8' beds. Plenty of space for what I grow. I may build them up another 8" as well. I really wish they were all 3' tall. Much easier on an old back.

This year all my tomatoes are going in containers and maybe some of my pickles and cukes as well.
Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.