FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best Beer?  (Read 102804 times)

the Wizard

Re: Best Beer?
« Reply #135 on: Jul 06, 2005, 07:44 PM »
I Like that fine french stuff GOBELS' :D :D just kidding!
   Coors original, Labatts ,molsens, Mich +mich lite, dos equis,corona and the other ones that come in cans ,bottles or kegs.
    It usually helps if there is a sale.
Catch and release in a hot pan of grease.

archbishop

« Reply #136 on: Jul 06, 2005, 10:51 PM »
hey wizard where do you get dos equis around here i only see it at local mexican restaraunts? plus i needed alot more beer to enjoy those fireworks at cuba sunday what junk lol

got em

« Reply #137 on: Jul 07, 2005, 02:28 AM »
 ;) just got out of work headed for the fridge for a cold sam adams....or two or three...tight lines... ;) ;) ;)

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #138 on: Jul 07, 2005, 08:21 AM »
LOL i was just thinking zach, that if you think you've had beer...just wait, college takes beer drinking to new and uncharted levels :sick:

We actually had a resident assistant warn us about this at orientation (15 years ago this month!). He said the first semester is nice - everyone is drinking Blue and Canadian. Come second semester, the money runs out, and everyone is drinking Old Millwater or The Beast.

I think the lowest I ever sunk was Koch's Golden Anniversary. Just thinking about it now makes me ill. :sick:

GAB isn't that bad for what it is.  At least it's not Bud , one drink of that and I have a headache that won't quit!

The worst beer I ever had in college was definitely Piels.  It was like $4 for a case and it was the only beer that lasted more than a couple days in the fridge.  Unfortunately it was all we could afford with the money we got returning empties!

Any one remember, or will admit to, drinking the generic beer.  It had a yellow label and in big black block letters just said BEER.  Used to get it in high school because it was cheap.  If fact I think they paid you to take it away  ;D!
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #139 on: Jul 07, 2005, 01:51 PM »

I think the lowest I ever sunk was Koch's Golden Anniversary.  Just thinking about it now makes me ill.   :sick:

I've been there, i think its still only like 2 something a 6er, but it is a god awefull DEVIL BREW :sick:

Hood

« Reply #140 on: Jul 07, 2005, 02:01 PM »
Having grown up close to New York City we got some awful beer and even worse malt liquor, used to get "eagle" brand malt liquor 16 oz. tall boys for 2 bucks a 6er, similar to what u guys are talkin about but maybe worse due to the increased volume  :sick:
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

archbishop

« Reply #141 on: Jul 07, 2005, 02:05 PM »
yeah we pay $8 a case for golden anniversary :sick: but if you got alot of freeloading drinking buddies its great to have around and after your 3 sheets to the wind it wont taste bad either but i feel sorry for you in the morning and since this is a fishing site i will say that you will go over your limit of browns ;)

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #142 on: Jul 07, 2005, 05:18 PM »
   German beer is pretty darn good, I am neighbors right now with a colony of folks who get there german beer in kegs right from germany, and they dont mind sharing when we go to give them a hand.     
     If you like Pale Ale's check out Homer Brewing companies from Homer Alaska it is real good stuff, goes down real smooth.
      I like Labat Blue a lot, just tastes good to me.   
       Although I tend not to be too too picky in what I drink most of the time it is medium priced stuff (bud light) occasionally it is keystone, but MGD isnt too bad either.   
    I think the worst thing about crap beer is the sledge at the bottom though  :sick:     
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

grumpymoe

« Reply #143 on: Jul 07, 2005, 08:46 PM »
The Best Beer anywhere when its hotter than a snakes butt in a wagon rut......is FREE!!!!!!....line up boys.......grab a couple....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           ...Grump

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #144 on: Jul 08, 2005, 12:00 AM »
Thats the worst part about crap beer, the first sip when your completely sober :sick: I remember we used to pre-game at my buddies place, and the go back to my place for a kegger we were throwing, we were getting genny light dirt cheap in kegs dirt cheap at the time, and making a killing at $5 a head...one morning i figured i would try the genny light before i started drinking... :sick: i couldnt even barely drink that crap! keystone light though, i think might be even worse

I hear you there Lance....normally, it doens't matter if I've had 5, 10 or 15 beers, I can't drink crap beer. My friends always say "Give me 5 or 6 good beers and I can drink Genny the rest of the night..." well, not me...I absolutely cannot drink any Genny...Well, the other night at a party the first one I had was a Mich Light.... :sick: Wiped it right off my list, that's for sure...I don't know how I left Miller Light off, it's starting to become one of my fav's... I'll admit though, we mainly drink Old Mill, because yeah, it's cheap...

Chucker- tell me, how are the parties up at PSC? I've heard they have some huge ones...  :whistling: :thumbup_smilie:

-Zach

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #145 on: Jul 08, 2005, 10:59 AM »
Thats the worst part about crap beer, the first sip when your completely sober :sick: I remember we used to pre-game at my buddies place, and the go back to my place for a kegger we were throwing, we were getting genny light dirt cheap in kegs dirt cheap at the time, and making a killing at $5 a head...one morning i figured i would try the genny light before i started drinking... :sick: i couldnt even barely drink that crap! keystone light though, i think might be even worse

I hear you there Lance....normally, it doens't matter if I've had 5, 10 or 15 beers, I can't drink crap beer. My friends always say "Give me 5 or 6 good beers and I can drink Genny the rest of the night..." well, not me...I absolutely cannot drink any Genny...Well, the other night at a party the first one I had was a Mich Light.... :sick: Wiped it right off my list, that's for sure...I don't know how I left Miller Light off, it's starting to become one of my fav's... I'll admit though, we mainly drink Old Mill, because yeah, it's cheap...

Chucker- tell me, how are the parties up at PSC? I've heard they have some huge ones...  :whistling: :thumbup_smilie:

-Zach

Im willing to bet there are parties up there....   Any college you go to now-a-days always have some big parties, and plenty of them.     Afterall alcohol consumption is the favorite way to pass the time for college students.   
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #146 on: Jul 08, 2005, 11:54 AM »
Frigid labatts lite. :P :P :P
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Grizz

« Reply #147 on: Aug 14, 2005, 01:56 PM »
IT'S ABOUT TIME SOMEONE ASKED THAT QUESTION....BEER GOES WITH FISHING LIKE DRESSING GOES SALAD.YOU GOT TOO HAVE IT....ONLY LATELY I'VE BEEN WAITING TILL I GET HOME TOO HAVE A COUPLE. RIGHT? IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. NO DRINKING AND DRIVEING RIGHT LADYS AND GENTS. OK HERE IS MY 3 PICKS OF BEERS I LIKE TOO DRINK IN ORDER ARE.....
NO 1.  MOLSEN GOLDEN    HTTP:/www.molsonusa.com
NO 2. 1664      HTTP:/www.brasseries-kronenbourg.com/_corporate_uk/marques/index.htm   
NO 3.  BASSALE    HTTP:/www.bass.com/lda.jsp
AND THAT'S IT FOR ME...........CHEERS...GRIZZ ;)

Grizz

« Reply #148 on: Aug 14, 2005, 02:03 PM »
None at all is the best!!!!   I keep all two of my brian cells and I don't act like a drunken idiot!!!      Had to say it!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D
AND IT CAN WASH AWAY YOUR LIVER TOO reubenpa   :laugh:  :laugh:

buzzbomb

« Reply #149 on: Aug 14, 2005, 02:21 PM »

NO 1.  MOLSEN GOLDEN    HTTP:/www.molsonusa.com
NO 2. 1664      HTTP:/www.brasseries-kronenbourg.com/_corporate_uk/marques/index.htm   
NO 3.  BASSALE    HTTP:/www.bass.com/lda.jsp
AND THAT'S IT FOR ME...........CHEERS...GRIZZ ;)
You think the MG's the best one?   hmmmm, I'm into my second big Dortmunder now and I think I'd be reaching for the Bass first.   Of course I haven't had a Golden for quite a few years, not even sure if they still sell it here. Where did I read that..... Canadians didn't invent beer drinking, but we've nearly perfected it?   Could of been here.  You're right about not getting tanked fishing..bad form, but I'll take a few cans if I'm doing an all-nighter carp fishing on the bank cause nobody goes there.  cheers, Richard

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.