FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best Beer?  (Read 102604 times)

Pigshanks

• Who stopped payment on my reality check?
Re: Best Beer?
« Reply #165 on: Nov 12, 2005, 06:05 PM »
lol.  canadian beers good for a headache  ;D

Thats because Canadian Beer contains a very special ingredient call ALCOHOL!!!

ALBERTA  REPORT A POACHER  1-800-642-3800 or #3800 on the TELUS Mobility network (Courtesy of TELUS Mobility)

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
THE BEST BEER
« Reply #166 on: Nov 14, 2005, 09:17 AM »
While up in Plattsburgh this weekend, I made a run across the border for the finest brew in the land, appropriately named "LA FIN DU MONDE" which means 'the end of the world'...Very much a belgian taste, it is not strong, and does not taste like it has 9% alcohol content.  There is no other beer that compares.   It is a wee bit expensive...they cost 13.95 canuck a 6 pack at the duty free, they were sold in 4 packs last time I got some, maybe that explains the price increase?  Fantastic stuff.

buzzbomb

« Reply #167 on: Nov 14, 2005, 09:29 AM »
That is good beer.... a friend of mine makes home-made scratch beer that really resembles it.   It's cheap in the liquor stores around here if you buy the big (I think 750 ml) bottles.  They make a couple of others with a lesser alcohol content too and they are good as well. Maudit is the one with a picture on the label of some guys in a canoe going over a falls into a burning hell. That brewery is owned (so I've heard) by Robert Charlebois, who was a big star in Quebec as well as a seperatist activist in the '70s. 

bear

« Reply #168 on: Nov 30, 2005, 10:43 AM »
Being from Missouri I drink Busch. When I go north fishing or to the All-Canada show it is Labatt Blue all the way. bear

whiskey

« Reply #169 on: Dec 01, 2005, 01:10 AM »
I don't really have a preference on any particular brand but when I drink beer, , , I'ts like an ANGEL is peeing on my toung  :w00t:

Pigshanks

« Reply #170 on: Dec 01, 2005, 07:24 AM »
I don't really have a preference on any particular brand but when I drink beer, , , I'ts like an ANGEL is peeing on my toung  :w00t:

I really really hope for your sake that it's not a Hells Angel because then we'd have to ask you to leave :o

ALBERTA  REPORT A POACHER  1-800-642-3800 or #3800 on the TELUS Mobility network (Courtesy of TELUS Mobility)

whiskey

« Reply #171 on: Dec 01, 2005, 03:44 PM »
Nope is the good angel on my right sholder ;)

mrwalleye

« Reply #172 on: Dec 02, 2005, 07:47 AM »
im happy to see weve gotten away from that canadian beer.  BUD

Pigshanks

« Reply #173 on: Dec 02, 2005, 04:58 PM »
im happy to see weve gotten away from that canadian beer.  BUD

;D Bud you say?? So would that be like Frogs peeing on YOUR tounge? :laugh:

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #174 on: Mar 16, 2006, 11:20 AM »
After starting up here at school, I'd have to say Molson Canadian is definitely my new favorite...$14 for a 28 rack...good stuff!!

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #175 on: Mar 16, 2006, 11:41 AM »
all i have to say is Guinness
OR      [IMG]

buzzbomb

« Reply #176 on: Mar 16, 2006, 12:42 PM »
I've been working on a carton of Smithwick's Irish Ale which is made by Guinness and it's pretty darned good!

jdjyoung

• Get em while you can
« Reply #177 on: Mar 22, 2006, 11:12 AM »
 If you've ever been to Europe, Which I have twice, you'd probably never drink American beer again.

In Germany, the micro brews are the bomb! People in the states try to reproduce the micro's and are getting better at it but they still have a long way to go.
 Amsterdam is the home of Heinekin as we all know, I would classify "fresh" Heinekin as the best tasting beer I've ever had. Can't stand it here in the states! Once it's about a month old due to shipping and handling, it becomes skunky and tastes nothing like the fresh stuff over there.
 Here in NY, Bud's okay, but the canadians have my market! Like someone else said, "they put alcohol in it" :D

JD
I'll take a bad day of fishing over a good day of work anytime!

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
« Reply #178 on: Mar 22, 2006, 05:39 PM »
Fresh English lager.  Smooth as silk. 

Hood

« Reply #179 on: Mar 22, 2006, 06:38 PM »
BROOKLYN LAGER
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor