FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best Beer?  (Read 102584 times)

beerman

• mmmm..........Beer!!
Re: Best Beer?
« Reply #180 on: Mar 23, 2006, 01:36 PM »
If you've ever been to Europe, Which I have twice, you'd probably never drink American beer again.

In Germany, the micro brews are the bomb! People in the states try to reproduce the micro's and are getting better at it but they still have a long way to go.
 Amsterdam is the home of Heinekin as we all know, I would classify "fresh" Heinekin as the best tasting beer I've ever had. Can't stand it here in the states! Once it's about a month old due to shipping and handling, it becomes skunky and tastes nothing like the fresh stuff over there.
 Here in NY, Bud's okay, but the canadians have my market! Like someone else said, "they put alcohol in it" :D

I am going to the Heinekin brewery in june i cant wait. We are also goign to be in germany as well. I get so excited  when people post encouraging things about beer!!! I was wondering if i should contact the brewery to stock and be ready for me to be there in june.
I'll have a double Jack and Coke!!

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #181 on: Mar 23, 2006, 01:38 PM »
GUINESS ALL THE WAY
OR      [IMG]

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #182 on: Mar 23, 2006, 02:07 PM »
yup guiness or black n tan or dos equies amber w a lime!!!
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #183 on: Mar 23, 2006, 05:15 PM »
GENNY
OR      [IMG]

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
« Reply #184 on: Mar 23, 2006, 05:28 PM »
Beerman, I envy you.  Make sure you try Kronenburg (SP)

I can not  drink the Heinekin that is sold in the States after drinking it fresh either. 

Hood

« Reply #185 on: Mar 23, 2006, 05:30 PM »
ck found the site

GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #186 on: Mar 23, 2006, 05:41 PM »
ck found the site

yes i did with a little help from some one who i cant mention
OR      [IMG]

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #187 on: Mar 23, 2006, 06:36 PM »
LOL i was just thinking zach, that if you think you've had beer...just wait, college takes beer drinking to new and uncharted levels :sick:

You know Lance, I was reading this thread today (while drinking a nice, cold Canadian  ;) ) and just laughed and nodded my head in agreement with you.  College certainly does take beer drinking to a whole new level!  And I must say, I certainly love the view!  :D  Here is my updated Top 5/Bottom 5:

Top 5

1) Molson Canadian--it's so good, and at $14 for a 28 rack of bottles, a good deal too!
2) Yuengling Black and Tan
3) Rolling Rock (especially from a keg, like we had at the I.S. Get-Together on Simon Pond)
4) Labatt Blue
5) Magic Hat #9

Bottom 5

1) ANY Keystone product (especially Keystone Light!  :sick: ...this stuff is vile, and not fit for human consumption IMHO!
2) Again, any Genny is terrible
3) IceHouse
4) Pabst Blue Ribbon
5) Magic Hat Saint-Gootz...it may have just been the batch I had, but it tasted like I was drinking from an ashtray, and had a ton of sediment of some sort at the bottom (I think it was yeast maybe?)...crappy to say the least...  :-\

I also really love Butternuts Heinnieweisse Weissebier (along with Butternuts Porkslap Pale Ale)...this is actually from a micro-brewery that a friend from back home works at...they just started brewing in December, and man it that stuff good!!!

Can't wait for Friday!

-Zach

devil-man

« Reply #188 on: Mar 23, 2006, 07:55 PM »
d**n college students!  :D
Someday you will learn, Zach. Get the most bang for your buck!
Natural Ice- It will rot your gut, make you senile, and keep you coming back for more!

Chucker

« Reply #189 on: Mar 23, 2006, 08:02 PM »
d**n college students!  :D
Someday you will learn, Zach. Get the most bang for your buck!
Natural Ice- It will rot your gut, make you senile, and keep you coming back for more!

One of my college friends still has a can of Icehouse in his fridge.  It has been there for 10 years this spring.  He keeps it to remind him to never, ever consider anything remotely like it again.

devil-man

« Reply #190 on: Mar 24, 2006, 12:57 AM »
One of my college friends still has a can of Icehouse in his fridge.  It has been there for 10 years this spring.
I would pay to watch someone drink that skunky brew! Blech...  :rotflol:

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
« Reply #191 on: Mar 24, 2006, 01:29 AM »
Write to "Fear Factor"   :sick:

Mainehazmt

« Reply #192 on: Mar 24, 2006, 08:30 AM »
Ultimately Free BEER is the best
I am a Proud Veteran I am Not a Terrorist!

PerchandPans

« Reply #193 on: Mar 24, 2006, 09:12 AM »
Growing up in the Oswego/Sterling area of New York you are predestined to become a drinking machine, gennycream ale,Utica club, then when miller was still strong in Fulton everyones parents who worked there had cases of the stuff in their basement! it wasn't until the days of mispent youth following the Greatful Dead around this beautiful country  that i discovered Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout and their Taddy Porter .Talk about porkchop in a bottle you dont need supper after a few of those!! Alas I cannot forget our northern friends and have consumed vast quantities of Molson products. Thanks for this thread so many blurry memories are starting to trickle thru!!!!                                                 Dan

Pikeguy

« Reply #194 on: Mar 24, 2006, 09:19 AM »
I may have posted in this one last year but.. I regularly drink Michelob Golden Draft Light.
I also am a fan of Leinenkugels, but I can't drink a whole lot of it as I get too full ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.