FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: so disappointed in authorities  (Read 5688 times)

mudchuck

so disappointed in authorities
« on: Aug 28, 2020, 08:14 AM »
A complaint was lodged with VTFW asking why they've done nothing about this. Why wasn't USCG, VSP, VTFW out there KNOWING this poker race was about to happen, yet did NOTHING about the speed boats running right between 3 boats fishing, which all were on spot lock jigging lakers that morning.
The fact that these @$$h0les were blatant about this just makes things worse.
The woman on the phone at VTFW while this was being reported, her response was " we're aware of a boat race, maybe you should leave the area"...
Unacceptable! My response is well maybe its a large enough lake they can GO AROUND, NOT THRU the boats fishing.
Besides, being 50 feet away from stationary fishing boats &  running 75MPH + is careless, dangerous and illegal!!!

stick eyes

Re: so disappointed in authorities
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2020, 06:59 PM »
I could not agree more with you.  no need to be a jerk. But they will tell you not to swim at a access area . Did you have any luck ?

mudchuck

« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2020, 06:20 AM »
Fishing was okay until the speed boats blew threw.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2020, 07:38 AM »
Same area a couple weeks ago a NY guide blew a gasket and did doughnuts around my buddies boat.  Jigging lakers out there can be tough! 

filetandrelease

« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2020, 10:11 AM »

Jon who was the guide ,

mudchuck

« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2020, 11:24 AM »
There was a NY guide with 4 clients in the jon boat, and the other cuddy had 2 adult males with 3 young boys, all about 100 yards from me.
None were thrilled about this dangerous & careless situation.

I ask any of you, what would you do or how would you feel if a multitude of speed boats were coming right at you in excess of 75MPH and speed by 50 feet away from where you're sitting stationary on the lake???

As I stated to another fisherman that PM'd me on another forum, this "poker race" has done this before, VSP, USGC & VTFW are well aware of these races, yet have done nothing to date about it.
For the so called event organizers to want to apologize is too little too late...and just a placating maneuver.
Time for VTFW, VSP & USGC to take action and make an example out of some of these guys.
They've got the video clip and certainly can get hull numbers form the 2 that sped right by me...

lowaccord66

« Reply #6 on: Aug 31, 2020, 01:20 PM »
Jon who was the guide ,

I have no idea Fred.  Lance's buddy knew him but I never got the name.

Mudchuck I feel your pain its been like that down my way a bunch lately.

filetandrelease

« Reply #7 on: Aug 31, 2020, 01:35 PM »
 Thanks Jon , I’m 1 that says first come first served , I have guys pull up on me , long as I have some room I’m good

Mud that sucks , send those videos to law enforcement, here we have sheriffs patrolling   

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2020, 07:43 AM »
Yikes. I'm all about sharing the water for all but that is no good. I'd be upset too.

lowaccord66

« Reply #9 on: Sep 09, 2020, 09:25 AM »
Sunday I had someone wakeboarding so closely that the boat operator nearly took a 9" perch streamer to the face on my backcast! 

lowaccord66

« Reply #10 on: Sep 15, 2020, 09:55 AM »
wake boarders are the worst of them all.  I have seen way too many swamping fishing boats in our area.  600 acres of water and they need to go back and forth past fishermen.  just pure jackasses

I've had a bad run with them this year.  I usually try to move and avoid all together but I think there's been way more on the water this year. 

zwiggles

« Reply #11 on: Sep 15, 2020, 10:19 AM »
There’s someone on this board who had a pleasure boater try to pick up his otter boat.... while trolling..... people are dumb

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Sep 15, 2020, 05:47 PM »
Sorry to see that Mudchuck. Been there done that unfortunately out here too. When I reported it complete with a boat number I was told they needed a name to go with the boat. In otherwords they were't interested in investigating it. Too much work I guess.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #13 on: Sep 16, 2020, 06:46 AM »
 :D Hey!  I trolled southern Champlain for the first time last May. 
Shocked to negotiate the number of boats with otter boards out 100 feet on each side.  A 200 ft.  Swath for each boat makes me unhappy.   I did fine with riggers and flat lines. 
Dick

seamonkey84

« Reply #14 on: Sep 16, 2020, 08:44 AM »
So it’s an organized event that they knew about ahead of time? Though There’s definitely a safety issue there with what they’re doing, they should have an officer on sight for such things. If they didn’t want it going on, they wouldn’t issue the permit (I’d assume something like this would need one). Or they would close the area off, They’d have to go out and make a defined lane, and close the area off to the public during the event.
So if you know the event is goin on, stay out of their way or go to another lake. They should make it clear where the race is going on, and people should stay clear of those lanes. Same if I know there’s a tournament happening on the lake I want to fish, or when the locals have a boat party on the lake they live on.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.