FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trolling Motor  (Read 8437 times)

saltr

Trolling Motor
« on: Jun 05, 2017, 06:11 PM »
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new basic bow mount 45lb. electric trolling motor for my 16' Lund Laker. On the fence between Minn Kota and Motorguide. Open for opinions. Thanks-saltr.

Bluegillonafly

Re: Trolling Motor
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2017, 05:33 AM »
I also have a 16' boat.  Love my minn kota with i pilot.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2017, 05:54 AM »
Another vote for Minn Kota and I-Pilot. you won't regret it.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2017, 06:08 AM »
If you are not looking to spend the money on ipilot then you could go for a minnkota 55lb with copilot for 600 roughly. 

fishinjohn

« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2017, 07:01 AM »
In my book there is not a question which is better!
Minn kota with pilot hands down.. I'd will never buy another motorguide... spend the extra and go a 55lb thrust with a 24volt system.. more money for motor and for batteries, but will last you an entire day with no problems in the harshest conditions..

filetandrelease

« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2017, 07:41 AM »
I had a 55# minn transom , on my 16' and no regrets , now on the bigger boat I have a  minn (terova)with lots of hours

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #6 on: Jun 06, 2017, 08:00 AM »
 My boat came with a basic bow mount 12v Motorguide, have only played with it a few times. So far I'm not a big fan of the cable controlled steering with no resistance setting. The cable is tough to get out of the way when not in use, and I think the foot control needs to be screwed to the deck to work properly. Probably won't keep it, so I'm reluctant to screw it down. However I figured I've spent enough for one year, and will give it a fair shake. Most of the Minnkotas have a motor that does the turning, not a cable. Just some things to take into consideration. Might let that Motorguide go for cheap!

FrankM

« Reply #7 on: Jun 06, 2017, 08:36 AM »
I just ordered a Minn Kota with ipilot.  Hopefully get to try it Father's Day weekend.
Kool Aid Kool Aid, Tastes Great, Wish we had some, can't wait.

filetandrelease

« Reply #8 on: Jun 06, 2017, 08:42 AM »
Hey frank Let us know what you think

Dug1898

« Reply #9 on: Jun 06, 2017, 08:44 AM »
Ski Doo wrote the book on snowmobiles, Jeep wrote the book on 4 wheel drive and Minn Kota wrote the book on trolling motors...just my opinion. 8)
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

arcadeangler

« Reply #10 on: Jun 06, 2017, 08:53 AM »
Ski Doo wrote the book on snowmobiles, Jeep wrote the book on 4 wheel drive and Minn Kota wrote the book on trolling motors...just my opinion. 8)
I gotta agree 100%

lowaccord66

« Reply #11 on: Jun 06, 2017, 09:07 AM »
I have a 55lb riptide with ipilot that Ive been struggling to find the time to install.  Weekend comes around and my desite to fish trumps my desire to install...doh!

THEOZON

« Reply #12 on: Jun 06, 2017, 09:31 AM »
Put this on my Lund 17.5 . Maybe I'll get to use it this weekend. This weather SUCKS.

MINN KOTA ULTERRA 80/US2 24V 80LB 60" W/ I-PILOT

filetandrelease

« Reply #13 on: Jun 06, 2017, 09:49 AM »
I have a 55lb riptide with ipilot that Ive been struggling to find the time to install.  Weekend comes around and my desite to fish trumps my desire to install...doh!
I think you need a sick day😷

reeleyz

« Reply #14 on: Jun 06, 2017, 11:14 AM »
I fished for many years with a bow mount Motorguide with no issues. I have a Minnkota iPilot now and it works great too. You cannot beat the anchor lock.

I actually miss the foot control sometimes. I used to do a lot of bass fishing and the foot control makes it nice to work a shoreline handsfree. Even working a dropoff jigging for eyes seemed easier with the foot control.

Just my .02

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.