FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512936 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3150 on: Sep 17, 2019, 02:33 PM »
The garlic? Its the Russian Redneck i got last week..    Might take a ride and see if he has more. $1.50 a head.. Looks good to me..   ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3151 on: Sep 17, 2019, 04:37 PM »
You sure about that? Looks more like elephant garlic to me. Red Russian doesn't normally produce that many cloves. It's usually around 2" in diameter with  maybe 8 cloves max.

Not that elephant garlic is a bad thing.....

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3152 on: Sep 17, 2019, 06:07 PM »
Boy im not sure Bob.
The old drunk guy that came out to great us offered us some homemade Russian vodka.  Witch we didn't partake..He said it was Russian Red Neck. 
Elephant is just as fine.
 But im calling it Russian Red Neck..... ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3153 on: Sep 17, 2019, 06:13 PM »
Lots of grilled vegetables this time of year..  Peppers, zucchini, summer squash and onions..
And through a salmon slab on just for kicks..m ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3154 on: Sep 18, 2019, 03:15 AM »
Maybe he's feeding that garlic some home made vodka ;)

Food looks great Dom. Haven't grilled any salmon since my days pulling copper on Seneca. Used to get a nice landlocked Atlantic every once in a while.

I've got plenty of seed garlic of my own, but I'm gonna order some other varieties as well.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3155 on: Sep 22, 2019, 12:55 PM »
A nice harvest of wax beans today.

About 3 gallon bags full. Too hot to can today. I'll put them up this week when it's cooler.

Pulled about 2/3 of the plants but left a bunch. They're still producing. Gotta pickle the hot banana peppers too. I'm waiting on the cayenne and firecracker chilis. They're just getting better on the plant.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3156 on: Sep 22, 2019, 03:42 PM »
Nice Bob. Wish i had put more in.
Tonight more grilled vegetables chicken and venison.  And tomatoes and cucumbers with mozzarella cheese and dressing...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3157 on: Sep 23, 2019, 07:31 AM »
Nice feed Dom!
Picked my last zucchini this morning. I'm pulling that plant when I get home.

Slugs have been doing a number on my hostas and Brussels sprouts. Spread some Bug-geta and diatomaceous earth this morning. And.....the stink bug battle has begun. They were out in force yesterday. Killed a pile of them using my spray bottle. With Dawn and water.

Gotta research a trap for them.

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3158 on: Sep 23, 2019, 11:35 AM »

Good stuff guys! Yup, winding down here too. Pulled all the maters and cukes, maters all still were absolutely loaded. but half the vines were yellow and brown and the quality went way down, so into the burn pit they went. I been dealing with a Staff infection, not pleasant.... So I've been neglecting my fall crop of Rasberries, Peppers, Strawberries, and Brussles. The snails however haven't  >:( dumped the last of my pellets all around and in, was gonna wait till after these storms, but there's just so d**n many. Also, we've had a couple young deer visiting the yard, Lisa thought they were sooooo cute and told me I was not allowed to harm either one, as they depend on each other....... They ate her Brussels and Strawberries..... Thanks guys, swing on by 10/1 if you would  ::) ::) ;D

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3159 on: Sep 23, 2019, 12:51 PM »
Hope you feel better Ed.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3160 on: Sep 23, 2019, 01:12 PM »
Still lots of tomatoes,  cucumbers and small zucchini...

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3161 on: Sep 23, 2019, 02:12 PM »
Looking great Dom! And thanks, I'm much better than I was. Follow up appt. Wednesday to make sure it's all out.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3162 on: Sep 23, 2019, 05:58 PM »
Sorry you're down Ed. Hope all gets better soon.

Put those Bambi's in the freezer.....(don't tell her I said that). Mmmmmmmm.....Bambi chops!

I was gonna can up the wax beans till something sparked a memory. Wax beans are very low acid and require pressure cooking to can. Dom talked me out of a pressure cooker, so they were blanched, vacuum packed and are in the deep freeze.

Think I'll plant another round of radishes and a patch of spinach. Time is just right.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3163 on: Sep 28, 2019, 09:17 AM »
A nice harvest of peppers and beans this morning.

Cayenne, firecracker chili, Anaheim, jalapeņo, hot banana and really hot cowhorn. The chilis and cayenne are strung up over the dehumidifier in the basement to dry. The cowhorns and Anaheim  I'll vac pack and freeze. The banana and japs I'll pickle. Picked another couple quarts of wax beans too. I'll share them with the neighbors.

Lots more peppers still on the plants ripening.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3164 on: Sep 28, 2019, 09:20 AM »
Looks awesome Bob. I love my peppers...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.