FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: 09 Salmon River Salmon and Steelhead BS Thread on the NY page!  (Read 9213 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: ANY STEELHEADERS DOWN HERE!
« Reply #15 on: Mar 22, 2009, 08:47 AM »
Trap what you doing down here? Heard there's a few brave souls out there fishing browns already, let you know if I hear anything guys. Almost brownie time SALMON REBEL!
Hey there getting the browns from the mouth of the salmon river down to the Mexico Bay area. Talk to some guys at the tackle shop, said 10-25 feet of water. Decent #'s too!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #16 on: Apr 01, 2009, 01:24 AM »
 Lake Ontario water temps have been ranging from 35-40 degrees, but when you find pockets of 41-43 degree water, like in front of Grindstone and Catfish creeks, the boats have been doing double digits #'s for browns! GOOD ONES TOO! East wind upwelling tomorrow! Then back to brown trout fishing!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #17 on: Apr 02, 2009, 10:56 PM »
 My buddy posted some pic's of a few browns he got today just offshore on eastern lake ontario near the mouth of the Salmon River. It's on a post called SHOERLINE BROWNS, check it out. Hey Salmon Rebel, tell your dad to get that boat Ready!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

Re: ANY STEELHEADERS OR SHORELINE BROWN TROUT FISHERMEN DOWN HERE!
« Reply #18 on: Apr 04, 2009, 12:48 AM »
Hey salmon rebel I've got a couple of guys from Oneida PA. that are good guys and great lake fisherman that stay with me. They come up alot and leave there boat here. If you ever want to come up with them, give me a call at 315-298-3248 or PM me! Alot of times there just looking for guys to help out with gas $ and help run the rods! Just a thought! There up at least 3 weekends a month!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

salmonrebel

• "YOU HAVE TO KILL IT!...TO GRILL IT!"
« Reply #19 on: Apr 04, 2009, 06:32 AM »
Hey salmon rebel I've got a couple of guys from Oneida PA. that are good guys and great lake fisherman that stay with me. They come up alot and leave there boat here. If you ever want to come up with them, give me a call at 315-298-3248 or PM me! Alot of times there just looking for guys to help out with gas $ and help run the rods! Just a thought! There up at least 3 weekends a month!
Thanks alot SNAGGER for the invite. I'll keep that in mind, and get back to you with a PM on it. :thumbup_smilie:
  Our 2nd Amendment isn't a priviledge!, IT'S A RIGHT!,... That, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!".... "WHACK 'EM! AN' STACK 'EM!"

salmonrebel

« Reply #20 on: Apr 05, 2009, 12:05 AM »
I think I'm gonna give it a try doing this, for the salmon run up the Oswego and Salmon Rivers this fall! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oya9LXzTr2o&NR=1
  Our 2nd Amendment isn't a priviledge!, IT'S A RIGHT!,... That, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!".... "WHACK 'EM! AN' STACK 'EM!"

SNAGGER

« Reply #21 on: Apr 05, 2009, 12:47 AM »
I think I'm gonna give it a try doing this, for the salmon run up the Oswego and Salmon Rivers this fall! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oya9LXzTr2o&NR=1
Hey Salmon Rebel you'll have to let me know what that is, as I still have dial up. I'm new to computers and plan on buying a new one and getting a new server in May, after the season winds down!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #22 on: Apr 08, 2009, 12:11 AM »
 I did get a chance to look at that video it was funny as heck!  :rotflol: If it would ever stop Snowing & Blowing maybe my buddy Northwoods will get some more Brown trout pic's up! Steelheading is on Fire in the creeks!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

salmonrebel

« Reply #23 on: Apr 08, 2009, 11:10 AM »
I did get a chance to look at that video it was funny as heck!  :rotflol: If it would ever stop Snowing & Blowing maybe my buddy Northwoods will get some more Brown trout pic's up! Steelheading is on Fire in the creeks!
As far as that video. There are some other ones that you could check out with the same guy, that are hilarious as well. They are listed on the right side of the page of that video.
Man, I got to stop reading your posts, though. Everytime I do, I can't stop thinkin' about the great fishin' up there.
Don't catch 'em all. :laugh:
Thanks for all the info. :thumbup_smilie:

SNAGGER

« Reply #24 on: Apr 09, 2009, 12:19 AM »
If it makes you feel any better the cold weather has now shut everything down, even the steelies unless you are fortunite enough to own a drift boat! It's making me want ice again to fish on! We'll get you up here soon, you can save alot of money at my place by cooking your own food in my kitchen or under pavillion on barby's. Plus good guys to tag along with full of knowledge and boats from time to time!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

salmonrebel

« Reply #25 on: Apr 09, 2009, 02:13 PM »
If it makes you feel any better the cold weather has now shut everything down, even the steelies unless you are fortunite enough to own a drift boat! It's making me want ice again to fish on! We'll get you up here soon, you can save alot of money at my place by cooking your own food in my kitchen or under pavillion on barby's. Plus good guys to tag along with full of knowledge and boats from time to time!
Thanks alot SNAGGER. We will get up there sometime, I just don't know when it will be.

aquaman

• I,ll be home before dark. ( yeah right)
« Reply #26 on: Apr 09, 2009, 02:23 PM »
We,re planning an outing either out of olcott or wilson soon for brown footballs! Anybody tested these waters yet?
I remember EVERY TIME I fished or hunted. The REST of the time I...uh...um..... musta been doing something else that didnt matter.

salmonrebel

« Reply #27 on: Apr 09, 2009, 02:34 PM »
We,re planning an outing either out of olcott or wilson soon for brown footballs! Anybody tested these waters yet?
You might want to check NEW YORK'S section out. There is a ton of info on Lake Ontario over there.

aquaman

• I,ll be home before dark. ( yeah right)
« Reply #28 on: Apr 09, 2009, 02:41 PM »
Thanks Rebel. Mighty nice of a Rebel to help a yankee out!!!!!!!!!!!!
I remember EVERY TIME I fished or hunted. The REST of the time I...uh...um..... musta been doing something else that didnt matter.

SNAGGER

« Reply #29 on: Apr 10, 2009, 01:31 AM »
Thanks Rebel. Mighty nice of a Rebel to help a yankee out!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not as many members over there or they don't talk as much. It will get better though this the first year all the Ice Shanty guys came over! I think theres a few posts if you dig back a few pages. I really can't see how it can be any better than the Eastern Basin the last 2-3 years! GOOD LUCK!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.