FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: 13.5 Hrs on The North Branch  (Read 1412 times)

Skammer

13.5 Hrs on The North Branch
« on: Jun 28, 2009, 01:14 PM »
Hit the North Branch yesterday to see if the channels were starting to hit again after the spawn. I also chummed an area to try for some carp. The carp were AWOL & the channels were not very co-operative. I fished from 10 AM 'till 11:30 PM. I only caught a total of 14 cats & most of them were small. The biggest one I got was 24 inches & 5 lbs. Had a few sprinkles from time to time but over all the weather was good. There was a slightly larger than a quarter moon over head. I haven't been out for a few days so it was good to spend some time on the river & I really enjoyed the day. Saw the bald eagle three different times through the day & the kingfishers were active. Some pics.

http://skam232.smugmug.com/gallery/8713279_3EXdj#575962485_HmVRG

A FARTIN HORSE WILL NEVER TIRE & A FARTIN MAN IS THE MAN TO HIRE!!!!

JiggerMan

• Man do I love Fishing
Re: 13.5 Hrs on The North Branch
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2009, 09:18 PM »
I would keep the chumming part of the carp fishing on the hush even though i dont think anybody on here would report it you never know when the wrong eyes could be reading. 

I think everybody that goes carpin knows that it is common practice but it is still Illegal. 

I used to fish th west branch and the main stem but have not fished it for cats and carp for awhile now.

dmntd169

« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2009, 04:55 PM »
Dave, I've had that conversation with atleast 3 different COs now and they all said the same thing. As long as you aren't throwing in gallons of corn at a time it wouldn't be illegal. According to the PFBC's own website it wouldn't be unless you are getting carried away and throwing in excessive amounts.

http://www.fishandboat.com/images/pages/qa/fish_regs/corn_chum.htm
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Fatboy8

• carp crazy
« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2009, 03:09 PM »
From what i understand with the whole chumming is you can throw a reasonable amount in but when you start throwing buckets in its considered littering so if your not doing that its fine.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.