FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: bass lake  (Read 8288 times)

abishop

Re: bass lake
« Reply #15 on: Sep 30, 2017, 09:11 PM »
ya we need to know exact gps location, bait used, depth.....want him to catch them for you too?
NOPE DONT NEED ALL THAT. JUST THE DEPTH WOULD BE NICE. 2 BAD U R OF NO HELP 2 ME. I DO APPRECIATE UR FEEDBACK THO. LOL

Gartoon

« Reply #16 on: Oct 01, 2017, 07:50 AM »
Anybody have an idea as to why the walleye in that lake don't grow ?
seems to have plenty on forage but they are short and skinny...

i talked to DNR at the launch one day and he said they average 16-18 in .
Biggest Ive pulled out was 22 and thin

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Oct 01, 2017, 08:48 AM »
You should ask for the last lake survey on Bass Lake. Probably answer some of your questions.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Gartoon

« Reply #18 on: Oct 01, 2017, 10:27 AM »
I will have to do that .
Thanks your the Idea

Gartoon

« Reply #19 on: Oct 01, 2017, 11:48 AM »
If I read it right. looks to me like lack of vegetation Caused by phosphorus contamination and over use of the shallow lake by powerboats
no vegetation, No plankton , no bait fish
lots of competition for existing Bait Fish.  Crappies, channel Catfish and White Bass 
Not enough food
* They're starving *
Poor fish I'll have to feed them again sometime

:-[

taxid

« Reply #20 on: Oct 01, 2017, 03:23 PM »
You got the lake survey and that's what it said?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Gartoon

« Reply #21 on: Oct 01, 2017, 03:51 PM »
Kinda,
from 2002

http://ai.org/dnr/fishwild/files/Bass_Lake_Diag_Stdy-Starke-July02.pdf

Its a long read I paraphrased a lot ( maybe even misunderstood a few things )

Quote on fishery from 2002

A variety
of factors including low forage fish numbers, impaired walleye spawning and forage fish resting
habitat, and fishing pressure/overharvesting may be contributing to this decline in the average
length and weight of walleye sampled by IDNR biologists.  :'(

abishop

« Reply #22 on: Oct 01, 2017, 05:28 PM »
4 hours not a bite. DEAD SEA STRIKES BACK. Guess I was a day late LOL.... Talked to 4 other boats and none had any bites either. It was a beautiful day to be on the water anyway. 61 degrees on arrival and saw it get as high as 67. Fished 3 to 24 fow.

wallin

« Reply #23 on: Oct 02, 2017, 08:43 PM »
How was the water Al, looked kinda low to us?
I'm sure there fish in there somewhere.
Wallin

abishop

« Reply #24 on: Oct 02, 2017, 09:10 PM »
I would say if is a foot low. didn't see any weeds. According to Shirley they did have a weed kill again this year. The water color looked good. Guess the temps have to drop another 15 degrees. Maybe try it again then. There is always hard water season. Might be the only way to get some. LOL

Jig_Head

« Reply #25 on: Oct 03, 2017, 03:34 PM »
That's a really impressive day for that lake. Well done

abishop

« Reply #26 on: Oct 03, 2017, 04:27 PM »
That's a really impressive day for that lake. Well done
Have to say it is the best report I have seen in three years. I AM JEALOUS...

Jig_Head

« Reply #27 on: Oct 03, 2017, 04:36 PM »
Have to say it is the best report I have seen in three years. I AM JEALOUS...
Yeah same here. Honestly I almost didn't believe it was from there at first then I saw how skinny they were lol

Spooled85

« Reply #28 on: Oct 03, 2017, 05:22 PM »
I know about 5 years ago I fished off till point in my boat with two buddies and we caught BIG smallies and a three man limit of eyes off one spot ! I bet we cought 15 smallies and between the three of us close to 30 eyes that night . We got on the lake at sun rise and ended up stumbling on these small mouth about mid day . With a occasional walleye here and there but they were small I told my buddies that I thought that at night it would be good in the walleyes would move in if the Smallmouth where they're feeding I ended up making the wife mad but we stayed till 10 that night I didn't have any lanterns or anything we never moved off that one spot and we caught walleye after walleye a lot of them were an inch to 3 inch short of legal limit but we did manage a three-man limit of keepers. And I also kept two small mouth for myself to eat when we came to the launch that night DNR was there patrolling and he could not believe that those small mouth came out of that Lake he said that in all the years he was an officer he had never seen Smalley's that big come out of that lake !! I have been back to that spot numerous times each year trying to do the same thing and have never caught a fish off that point again so has both of my buddies tried the exact same thing all we were throwing was curly tails with a walleye minnow head on the hook the Smallmouth would follow it from the bottom up to the top into three feet of water and we've got to fight them around the boat it was an absolute blast I've never had that much fun fishing in Indiana..... Since that day I have never had a good day out there and every time I go I tell the wife and myself that I will never ever go back to that Lake again I guess it's like being a kid and shooting a 20 pointer and being spoiled for your first hunt and never killing another but close to it !

Jig_Head

« Reply #29 on: Oct 04, 2017, 02:49 PM »
Yeah I think that's my deal too. I've had 2 incredible days like that myself. Once about 3 years ago and the other about 5 or 6 years ago. Otherwise that lake kicks my butt lol but its those 2 memorable trips that keep me going back a couple times a year

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.